• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Forum - Toxic Environment?
8 8

382 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2022 at 5:51 PM, kav said:

there are some that seem to use the boards to work out personal issues.  Most of their posts are nasty comments.  I could name names but I would get a strike.  We've all seen it.  arguing is one thing-if someone goes after me, I will engage.  Usually I will ignore it for a while then decide enough is enough.  The people I am talking about actively seek to make enemies, to work out their personal issues.

7F7512AC-0E86-4068-A34F-DBB930F09E4E.jpeg

On 3/30/2022 at 7:29 PM, KCOComics said:

I honestly don't feel it's a toxic environment at all. 

I read many threads but usually stay out of the mini dramas that sometimes occur. While, at times, I appreciate them for the entertainment value, I would rather talk about Spiderman than bash someone who's viewpoint I disagree with. 

There are members I don't particularly care for, but even those members bring a tremendous amount of knowledge to the boards. So I don't block them, I just ignore them when they behave in a way I don't agree with. 

I only ignore shill accounts/board members…I’ve got a long list of those. lol

On 3/30/2022 at 6:35 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Most people joked about my mirror comment.......which means it's not difficult to see who it applies to. lol

Well there was also the fact that you posted the comment right after a certain 'someone' posted-thats a bit of a 'tell' lol 

On 3/30/2022 at 8:41 PM, kav said:

Well there was also the fact that you posted the comment right after a certain 'someone' posted-thats a bit of a 'tell' lol 

That's the way a forum works.....unless you start a thread, you're always posting after someone else.

The reactions are the tell. :acclaim:

On 3/30/2022 at 8:58 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am certain no problems will develop from this thread.  Right?  

Absolutely.

Now, tell the truth.

Did any button humps develop from this thread? hm

On 3/30/2022 at 9:12 PM, thehumantorch said:

We should start a petition to bring him back..

CGC barely survived its first destruction. (tsk)

On 3/30/2022 at 9:17 PM, universal soldier said:

lol this place is tame compared to the way it used to be. I miss the days where being told to go fist yourself was commonplace.  Anyone want to meet me in the parking lot? :slapfight:

drop-dead.gif.e7c00846209f8768cfb6f0d2136ee278.gif

On 3/30/2022 at 9:20 PM, thehumantorch said:

If someone makes a movie based on Dylan what would it be called?

Dylan Destroys the CGC Universe 2?  Starring Dwayne the rock Johnson as Dylan naturally.

Probably more like Chris Rock..

20220330_212300.thumb.jpg.322092085994ed3bd9d1112d222cc97f.jpg

On 3/30/2022 at 9:17 PM, universal soldier said:

lol this place is tame compared to the way it used to be. 

Exactly.

Now go back and read this entire thread.  I can almost guarantee you that one or more posts in it have already been reported.  If so......that is the toxicity on the forums.