• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC is now hawking variant signatures?
2 2

51 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2022 at 9:46 AM, wombat said:

I do wonder in the price differences how much goes to CGC and how much to Crain. 

His pricing has changed over the past 2 years.  Here is the pricing from his 1st two "tours" in 2020, this does not include any CGC fees.

image.png.f6da572c2c8619ead9010fa30449212d.png

Here is the current tour pricing, also not including CGC fees.

image.png.e6ab8d957ab477ac0c02174c4dfeb8f9.png

He also has a new Crain label as well to coincide with this new tour.  The closest shop to me charges $65 per book, includes fast track, and an additional $25 in shipping for the 1st book and $5 each additional.

So he is likely getting anywhere from $40-$60 per sig and the remarque I would guess much more, $200-$250?  All just guestimates.

On 4/6/2022 at 6:16 AM, shadroch said:

CGC is extending the guy an in-house signing. By doing so, they are promoting this stuff. Of the dozens of creators they could do an inhouse signing with, they chose this guy,

But he has kool books, bro. 

And I’m thankful they’re doing a signing with him since I have couple books I want him to sign. I still don’t see the problem with this.

I love it.

I'm sure most of us don't NEED to get extra fries or an even larger coke with our meal, that money could go to feeding the homeless or new socks or whatever.  But I ain't mad at McDonalds for trying to upsell me and I'm not mad at anyone getting an extra milkshake in addition to their super-size big mac meal.  Its their money, their business, everyone is acting legally, ethically, and letting the market work it out.

I got no complaints about this.

On 4/6/2022 at 3:50 PM, Mosh It Up said:

$175 for a rainbow splatter autograph? lol

F:censored:ing fanboys :facepalm:

I have it on a print and it is absolutely stunning.  I didn't pay $175 though.  Call me a fanboy though, cause if I had a book I wanted him to sign, I would gladly pay the $175 if it fit the book.

Love what you love. :)

On 4/6/2022 at 2:23 PM, Lord Gemini said:

And I’m thankful they’re doing a signing with him since I have couple books I want him to sign. I still don’t see the problem with this.

I'm glad they are doing it too. The sooner they seperate the fools from their money, the safer we all will be. I just wish I'd thought of it.

On 4/6/2022 at 3:00 PM, shadroch said:

I'm glad they are doing it too. The sooner they seperate the fools from their money, the safer we all will be. I just wish I'd thought of it.

The NY Giants have been separating fools from their money for several seasons now

Seems that fools have deep pockets

On 4/6/2022 at 6:00 PM, shadroch said:

The sooner they seperate the fools from their money, the safer we all will be.

Is that what this is?  Other peoples' money makes you insecure?

And here I thought you were just making up a reason to be mad at CGC. 

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 4/6/2022 at 2:26 PM, revat said:

I love it.

I'm sure most of us don't NEED to get extra fries or an even larger coke with our meal, that money could go to feeding the homeless or new socks or whatever.  But I ain't mad at McDonalds for trying to upsell me and I'm not mad at anyone getting an extra milkshake in addition to their super-size big mac meal.  Its their money, their business, everyone is acting legally, ethically, and letting the market work it out.

I got no complaints about this.

but if you try to resell the milkshake and nobody wants it (cause it was stupid to begin with) and that discourages you from buying more milkshakes at McDonalds and getting you out of the McDonalds hobby, and this happens with enough people that eventually the entire McDonalds hobby breaks.

Or something like that. I barley know what I mean either

On 4/6/2022 at 5:25 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Already went on this rant when custom labels were introduced.

***No more rant to give

Except cgc came up with that idea, not the sig variant

On 4/5/2022 at 4:24 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

They should offer signatures in invisible ink.  That way you can deface the book, but no one can tell.:idea:

I laughed at this.....and then I got to wondering if this was actually such a horrible idea.  

Has an artist ever done a signature in ink that's only visible under a black (UV) light? 

The artist could offer it in his "signing menu" and CGC could verify the signature is there.....but it wouldn't be visible (defacing the book) under normal lighting conditions. hm

Horrible idea.........or pure genius that I will split the proceeds on with Chris (90/10 in my favor)?

If I remember correctly...

Crain did some cool sigs as a one time gig...

And people were missing out, and there was demand.

So if he's going to take that much time at a con.to.do fancy sigs and hold up the lines etc.

People will pay money for it? As an excuse for why the line takes so long ?

That's my understanding but where is the fun in that. :insane:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/6/2022 at 3:11 PM, NP_Gresham said:

The NY Giants have been separating fools from their money for several seasons now

Seems that fools have deep pockets

Couldn't agree more.  I can barely watch the product they've been putting out since I moved from NY.  I think it may be time for new ownership. The younger Mara's and Tisch's are not upholding their families stewardship. Few third generation franchises have worked out well.

Edited by shadroch

On 4/6/2022 at 3:35 PM, NoMan said:

but if you try to resell the milkshake and nobody wants it (cause it was stupid to begin with) and that discourages you from buying more milkshakes at McDonalds and getting you out of the McDonalds hobby, and this happens with enough people that eventually the entire McDonalds hobby breaks.

Or something like that. I barley know what I mean either

I got out of the 2nd hand milkshake game 10 yrs ago. Best decision I ever made

On 4/6/2022 at 11:54 AM, Crops068 said:

image.png.e6ab8d957ab477ac0c02174c4dfeb8f9.png

Stupid question time.

How are these rainbow signatures accomplished?

Do they have pens/markers that continuously change ink colors as they write (not sure how that would be accomplished)........or do they do each signature using multiple pens/markers?

On 4/6/2022 at 6:50 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Stupid question time.

Do they have pens/markers that continuously change ink colors as they write (not sure how that would be accomplished)........or do they do each signature using multiple pens/markers?

He has a stack of pens and manually does it.

There are plenty of vids on Facebook, maybe Google CRAIN signs murder sig and see what comes up :cheers:

Hes done it for a while now, so hes pretty quick

On 4/6/2022 at 7:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 4/6/2022 at 6:50 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Stupid question time.

He has a stack of pens and manually does it.

There are plenty of vids on Facebook, maybe Google CRAIN signs murder sig and see what comes up :cheers:

Hes done it for a while now, so hes pretty quick

@Domo Arigato

Edited by ADAMANTIUM