• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newton Rings - Options for a buyer on Ebay
2 2

67 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2022 at 8:35 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

Seriously where?  I don't even see rings.  Let me dig thru my collection and find some fine specimen Newton's lol.  

It's tough to pick up in a cover photo. But in hand, the entire cover is basically covered in NR. 

Honestly if TATs weren't so long I would contact CGC to reholder it. 

IMG_20220407_220408500.jpg

IMG_20220407_220402377.jpg

On 4/7/2022 at 5:44 PM, James42 said:

I'm willing to remove the negative feedback, that's no problem, but I just don't appreciate people being upfront about stuff like this. This is a very expensive item with additional costs like import duty (something the people from the US rarely need to pay).

Literally this is the whole point of feedback. If you don't provide a good or service stated in the advertisement, why would I not give negative feedback?

If I have an issue with a seller and he refuses to meet in the middle or worse, I may leave negative feedback. Ive just never had that problem. Probably because I rarely buy from sellers with less than 100% positive feedback. 

I also want to add there are a few sellers on Ebay that are strutting around with 100% positive feedback only because I showed restraint.

If you like putting <NM+ / PERFECT copy> in your description, you should know what it means.

Edited by lostboys

On 4/7/2022 at 4:57 PM, shadroch said:

1)It's not a defect? 

Correct.

Is it supposed to happen?

When different plastics touch? Yes, they create unique, ugly reflections like that.  I don't think this is a "defect" in the process, I just think it's the nature of the CGC beast.  Plastic inside a thin plastic shell will cause this.  It's the design, not a defect.

Does CGC possess secret technology that the other companies don't have? 

I don't know but that is an excellent question!.  Who can we ask?  And why are we asking?

2) If it isn't a defect, why doesn't anyone want them 

Because they're ugly and they take away from the looks of the book when viewing it.  Defenders will say "you're paying for the grade, not the case!!"

Anyway, I don't have Marvel diamond price boxes in my collection, I hate 'em.  They aren't a defect... they're just ugly.

3) Isn't one of the definitions of insanity doing the same thing over and over and hoping for different results?

One of them.  There are many.

4) We are in agreement here.

Well, this worries me....

On 4/9/2022 at 9:01 AM, Gaard said:

imperfection

noun
an imperfect detail; flaw: a law full of imperfections.
the quality or condition of being imperfect.

newton ring

noun
an imperfection that gives a slab the visual appeal of loose feces.

verb
tantamount to right good fisting for a paying customer who has waited 8-10 months for service.

Edited by MAR1979