• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission swapped with someone else's? EDIT: Resolved
2 2

14 posts in this topic

EDIT: CGC says label was swapped, returned it and was able to get book back with the correct label

Has anyone had their submission swapped with someone else's before?

Recently sent in a 9.8 for the now-cancelled George Perez signing. I received back a 9.6.

At first I thought maybe it was graded down, but I noticed it had a custom label which I didn't request, and also the certification number did not match what I had sent in.

I sent in #3866595021 9.8 Graded 09/14/2021
I received #1448498005 9.6 Graded 09/28/2017

I have contacted CGC via email on Saturday, no response yet. Not sure what can be done to rectify this if the comic I submitted was already sent out to another person.

image.thumb.png.37461d77d4d2d7a4378c301ad5cdc183.png

image.thumb.png.07ed166c679b5afe673d8ff6bcc99dc2.png

Edited by cocomonk22

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  Did you send your book in to be regraded or just reholdered?  If you sent the book in to be regraded then it will have a new certification number on the label.  The book will only retain the original cert number if it was submitted for a reholder. 

Please email us your order number so we can review the situation.  Email that to us at: submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thank you!

To update on the situation, I've sent the book back today as mechanical error, and CGC will review and see if they can locate the correct book.

I just realized tonight that I forgot to write ME on the sides of the box for mechanical error, so there might be some delay in sorting when CGC receives it.

They said the book is correct, but somehow the label got swapped. They're sending it back with a corrected label. Not sure if they will need to use a different certification number or not, will find out when I receive it.

I don't know. 

Yes damage can happen when they remove a book or graders can be tight, but you sent in a 9.8.

They swapped books / labels / who really know except for them.  

You get a 9.6 back.   

I know I would definitely be comparing pictures/ scans of your previous book and look for any identifying marks , etc to try to confirm what they are telling you. As it still seems just too easy for them to shrug this off and no accountability for whatever mistakes were made. (Another thing they should make perfectly clear)[What happend] just my 2c