• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Else Could Still Be Out There?
4 4

46 posts in this topic

Starting this at 99 dollars (or even 99 cents for that matter) is totally fine. eBay has a huge reach and it looks like this book finished at a solid price. The seller definitely could have written a better item description--I have no idea what to make of this:

PLEASE BID ACCORDINGLY

BOOK IS FRAGILE AND A BIT FLAKY

INSIDE COVER AND 1ST PAGE IS NOT NUMBERED

1A-13A IS INTACT

ONE PAGE NOT NUMBERED

1B-13B INTACT

FOLLOWING PAGES ARE LOOSE

ONE PAGE UNNUMBERED

2-4 THRU 4C 

5C-13C INTACT

MESSAGE FROM PHIL & SWEET ADELINE

1D-13D AND LAST 2 UNNUMBERED PAGES INTACT

On Apr-05-22 at 13:36:54 PDT, seller added the following information:

NAME "FRANK" LOOKS BE BE IN PENCIL

IN THE PHOTOS THE LOOSE PAGES WERE INSERTED INCORRECTLY

On 4/11/2022 at 4:17 PM, 10centcomics said:

BOOK IS FRAGILE AND A BIT FLAKY

INSIDE COVER AND 1ST PAGE IS NOT NUMBERED

1A-13A IS INTACT

ONE PAGE NOT NUMBERED

1B-13B INTACT

FOLLOWING PAGES ARE LOOSE

ONE PAGE UNNUMBERED

2-4 THRU 4C 

5C-13C INTACT

MESSAGE FROM PHIL & SWEET ADELINE

1D-13D AND LAST 2 UNNUMBERED PAGES INTACT

Hulk's head hurt ...

Edited by kazoo

I am happy for the seller. It always makes me nervous to see listings like this - just wide open and spread out for photos. Makes me wonder how much additional damage is caused, albeit unintentionally, during the photo stage of the listing.

I mean I think there's no doubt there's still some big, hidden collections out there. Some dude who was a circus clown in the 50's that collected books to read mid performances, but somehow through an impressive juggling act kept them in pristine condition. It will be called, "The Primetime Circus Pedigree".

On 4/11/2022 at 4:09 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I mean I think there's no doubt there's still some big, hidden collections out there. Some dude who was a circus clown in the 50's that collected books to read mid performances, but somehow through an impressive juggling act kept them in pristine condition. It will be called, "The Primetime Circus Pedigree".

Just think how much more they would go for if the clown was killed due to an elephant sitting on him? 

On 4/11/2022 at 4:09 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

He would have only read "The Barker!" Hard to believe that was an actual comics series.

On 4/12/2022 at 11:39 AM, goldust40 said:

I recognize Carbo and Ron, but not the other two.

The guy in the hat and white dress is long time dealer, Terry Stroud from the American Comic Book Company.

The guy with the sign sells comics out of paper bags on a grass medium by a park near me. 

On 4/12/2022 at 3:22 PM, Robot Man said:

The guy in the hat and white dress is long time dealer, Terry Stroud from the American Comic Book Company.

The guy with the sign sells comics out of paper bags on a grass medium by a park near me. 

your grassy median guy beats mine any day...

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 9.57.34 PM.png