• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COLLECTOR WARNING - Enrico Niederberger!
3 3

33 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2022 at 1:50 PM, gumbydarnit said:

Ask them to send you the art first and you'll pay them with friends and family after receiving the art

I did this. In my case the seller said no. Imagine that. I offered it tactfully among a few options. "I am not sure I trust you, and I will not be the trusting one either." Where do you go from that but home.

Hopefully there's a way to freeze his CAF account so that everything (including the negative comments) remains visible but at the same time does not allow him to delete or add anything.

Edited by pemart1966

Thanks for bumping the thread.

While I certainly appreciate the help, this should serve as a warning for others not to deal with this guy. I’m not the first person he has scammed. He’s done this to a number of collectors. 

I don’t expect to receive the art or have my money returned. Everyone should just be careful out there.

This was more of a lesson to watch out. Friends and Family payments are never a good idea unless you really know who you are dealing with.

Glen

I am very sorry to hear that. I actually was looking at a piece of work he had for sale, and was researching his name/background and this thread came up in Google. So, for what it’s worth - it saved me from going through a hassle with this guy. I appreciate you speaking out about him here on the boards (the CAF comment didn’t show up in Google, at least not up where this thread did in the results), I am bummed you got left high and dry.

On 11/18/2022 at 9:51 AM, Phill the Governor said:

Enough $ has been burned here it that it seems appropriate that someone buys a plane ticket and gives Enrico a visit. In person. With some friends and maybe a baseball bat or two. That should get him to cough up the art rather quickly.

I don't believe he actually owns the art. Just the digital pics.