• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Money Refunded - No Explanation (eBay)
2 2

9 posts in this topic

A few days I ago purchased a comic on eBay via Buy-It-Now. After several days, I went to check on the shipping status and could not find a tracking number. I emailed the seller (racerx3862). Here's the exchange.

Me: How are you doing today. I'm checking in to see if you shipped the comic yet. If so, please let me know.

Seller: "The order was refunded sorry."

Me: Thank for responding so quickly. I’m confused. Why is there a refund? I did not request one.

Seller: "I could not locate the book."

Very unprofessional, the seller not letting you know that he couldn't ship the comic.  A seller of 16 years should know better.  It's a common courtesy, but those are out of fashion these days.

Same thing happened to me last week.  Got a refund with no explanation.  EBay should require it in the refund message.

The only thing you can do is avoid these sellers in the future.  There are plenty more to take their place, and some even know how to run a business.

On 5/1/2022 at 7:49 PM, Lightning55 said:

Very unprofessional, the seller not letting you know that he couldn't ship the comic.  A seller of 16 years should know better.  It's a common courtesy, but those are out of fashion these days.

Same thing happened to me last week.  Got a refund with no explanation.  EBay should require it in the refund message.

The only thing you can do is avoid these sellers in the future.  There are plenty more to take their place, and some even know how to run a business.

Chill, dude.  You got a refund.  the VAST majority of people selling comics on Ebay are ding dongs who are doing it as a hobby/side hustle/collection-goosing measure.  Don't expect the moon from the person scanning comics in their underwear at 2pm on a Sunday while their kid takes a nap.  

On 5/1/2022 at 7:13 PM, Beastfeast said:

Don't expect the moon from the person scanning comics in their underwear at 2pm on a Sunday while their kid takes a nap.  

A mooning is EXACTLY what I expect from someone in their underwear. :makepoint: