• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any day now?
1 1

29 posts in this topic

Yeah the 237 working days is almost false advertising at this stage, I think i would of checked my status page about 1000 times in the last month. Do you guys really have that many public holidays in America? haha

CGC's current turnaround (working days) for Economy submissions is posted as 237 days (as of 10/5/2022). Honestly, CGC should be embarrassed by this egregiously high turnaround. I submitted 18 books back on 1/13/2022 and CGC received them (physically) on 1/20/2022. Since then, I've received 11 of these 18 books back. The 7 that remain in CGC's possession are all Economy class (not fast tracked).

By my calculations, these 7 Economy class books have been with CGC for 170+ working days (excluding weekends and national holidays). If the current posted turnaround is accurate, I should expect to receive these remaining 7 books sometime in January 2023 - nearly AN ENTIRE YEAR after CGC received them (AND took my money to grade them). I'm hard pressed to think of any other business where the service provided takes a calendar year to deliver - while requiring all payments up front. Seriously, this is just unacceptable.

I have a very large collection with many more books I've been considering getting graded, but I simply can't justify sending any more books into the grading "black hole" that CGC has become. I even have a Star Wars #1 graded by CGC at 9.0 (received back in May 2022) with a 2mm piece of some other comic book sealed inside the slab - no doubt due to GCG's QA problems (see attached). This book should reasonably be sent back for Reholder service, but I'm now reconsidering that, as well.

Lastly, I cannot locate the status of these 7 "in limbo" Economy class books on the Submission Tracking page. Nor can I locate the status of 9 Modern/Standard class books that were already graded and returned to me. Only 2 of the original 18 books submitted (and returned to me) from the original order (CGC0771357919) are showing on this page. Interestingly, these 2 are the only ones I had pressed before grading. What gives? And, please, no platitudes about how important we are as customers.

CGC is in business to provide a service (several, in fact) and you are continuing to have HUGE issues that need to be resolved ASAP. In the interim, I will be looking to your competition for my next grading submission. This should be the LAST message any business wants to see coming from their customers - or should I say, former customers. I've no doubt that CGC will be seeing more and more of these messages if they can't get their act together soon.

Star Wars #1 CGC 9.0 with FOD in the case.JPG

• Administrator

Hello, 

Thank you for reaching out to CGC Comics. We do take customer feedback very seriously and appreciate your posting this information. We know the turnaround times can be frustrating and we are working on hiring and training more staff to help reduce the time it takes to grade these types of collectibles. This being said the process does take time to ensure the personnel that is hired is appropriately trained to handle and grade your books at the standards you have come to know from CGC. 

As of right now, our system is only programmed to show the last 8 months' worth of activity on an account and this is most likely why you cannot find the books that you are referring to. You should still be able to locate the submissions by searching the invoice numbers in the submission tracking search bar. 

As for the slab with debris inside, we would be happy to reholder this for you free of charge. Please complete a new submission form online and select the Mechanical Holder option when prompted and let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. 

On 10/4/2022 at 5:29 PM, GroundRex said:

Do you guys really have that many public holidays in America?

No!  They're now at 261 working days with my Vintage Economy submission still at "Scheduled".

Edited by Figment

• Administrator

@GroundRex

I posted this in another forum but wanted to make sure your aware. If you check your submission tracking pages, it will now show submissions up to 16 months. Thank you for your continued patience and expressing your concerns. As always if you have any questions feel free to make a new post or send us an email at submissions@cgccomics.com.