• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How does one submit a single page to CGC?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  You would submit a single page just as you would a regular comic.  You will still need to complete an online submission form, select a tier, etc.  A single page won't receive a regular grade, but a notation that it is just a specific page from a certain book.  (see example below).  The only time we can do a single page is if we can associate the page with a specific issue.  If we cannot determine which book the page came from then it would be sent back as is to the customer.  Thank you!

image.png

Greetings and thank you for your response to the poster above as well as other answers you have provided.

I have a few questions regarding getting single pages graded and was hoping you can answer them or direct me to the information that I'm having trouble finding. I currently have a free membership which does not allow access to submission forms to see if there is more single page submission information there.

For context, the pages I am considering getting graded (notated/encapsulated?) are currently safe within a complete book that I own. The few pages are a significant and distinct section of the book, easy to describe, and the event is notated on the labels of graded copies of the complete book.

Questions:

-Do I remove the pages from my complete comic? Is the answer the same if it is currently encapsulated?

-If so, should I send the rest of the comic as proof? Photos? Are there trimming suggestions or requirements?

-If not, will the submission form allow me - or the person doing it on my behalf - to indicate exactly which pages need to be graded? I assume the few pages of the significant event I want will be obvious. If we are able to add a description of the pages as well as the page numbers, that would be great.

-Can you please shed light on any other things I or others may not be aware of when submitting pages and if tier requirements remain the same?

Thanks!

Sincerely, Gent

• Administrator

Hello,

When submitting a single page, we can encapsulate that as long as we can determine the specific book and issue the page came from.  You can certainly send in any additional information you would like to provide to our graders if you feel it might be difficult to determine.  

If you are wanting just the page to be encapsulated, it should not be included with a book.  When submitting, you will just select the title of the book that the page comes from.  

The tier you select will be based on the declared insurance value you list.  This amount is up to you and whatever you feel comfortable with in terms of insurance coverage for while the page are here in our office.

Thank you!

Thank You for your response. I had another question about a page I was considering to be signed by an artist for one of your in-house signature events. The page I am considering is an advertisement page that promotes a comic book that was never made by the artist. I was hoping that this page is allowed for a signature series? If the page is allowed could you please clarify what steps I need to take to make sure that the page is ready for encapsulation?

• Administrator

Hello @Ludaen, I am checking with Signature Series on this and they advised we would need a front and back photo of the page to ensure we can grade/encapsulate it and have it signed. Can you please kindly send photos so we can review this?

Thank you!

I appreciate your help @KaileeS CS, the ad page is from the Image comic Power Rangers Zeo #1. The front page has an advertisement for Image comic Power Rangers Zeo #2 that would eventually never be printed and the back has a partial advertisement for Captain America. I would like to send in the front page section for a signing event. If this page is allowed for a signing I would to like to send some others as well.  

Thank You

20240422_185522.jpg

20240422_185537.jpg

Edited by Ludaen