• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IC question from a Marvel guy

19 posts in this topic

I want to read IC. Tell me what I need to read with as few of the little extra side bits as possible. I just want the essentials.

I've noticed there is a "Day of Vengeance" trade out. Needed? A OMAC Project trade is out, guessing that is relatively mandatory? I collect Wonder Woman already, so I have those books. What else? Anything? I'd love a little checklist sorta deal.

Thanks!

Right now, it seems as if all you need is the current Infinite Crisis series

Each of the multi-part books did not seem that intregal to the overall plot.

Day of Vengeance - just seemed to shake up magic in the DCU.

Rann-Thanagar War - just introduced Onnimar Synn (bad guy who may last or not)

Villains United - the beginning of the new Secret Society of Super-Villains.

Omac Project - Set-up for the death of MAx Lord and for the threat of Omac robots.

It's completely dependent upon how much of the story you want to know.

I'll list things in order of priority (as I see it):

Infinite Crisis

OMAC Project miniseries

Sacrifice (4 parts, spans three Supes series and Wonder Woman)

JLA 'Crisis of Conscience' (115 through 119)

Villains United miniseries

JLA 'World without a Justice League' (120 through current)

Day of Vengeance miniseries

Return of Donna Troy miniseries

Identity Crisis miniseries

Rann-Thanagar War miniseries

And then there are a handful of tie-ins, from a string of JSA issues dealing with Day of Vengeance to some Superman issues that tie into OMAC, to Robin, Manhunter, Firestorm, Nightwing, Blood of the Demon, etc.

Each of the four miniseries is getting its own TPB, so you can wait for them as they come out (started last week i think).

Too bad you have to buy about 50 different titles to follow the full storyline....

You can get the main thrust with the list above without getting the whole thing. If you wanted to, you could get the original Crisis and get IC, although it would take some research, but all the info is online and you can follow it on the CRISIS COUNSELING at the DC website.

Anyone know when Sacrafice will be released in trade? I read the end already, since I collect WW, but I'd love to get the first 3 books. And I'm guessing JLA IC trades are on the way?

Identity Crisis and OMAC trades are on their way. =)

This is the best DC has been in years. They have really stomped Marvel's @$$ this summer and fall. The only thing I hate about it is too many crossover [embarrassing lack of self control]. Just tell a story and have a few crossovers. Go back and read books in the 70s and 80s they did it right.

uhmmm COIE was 1985.....that was the ULTIMATE crossover event...

Well, there is also a Prelude to Crisis book that pretty much showcases some of the little bits from different books. Gives ya the over all picture of the story. And summarizes most of it for ya. Reprints two or three stories as well. Would be easier than trying to get all the crossover books.

Well, there is also a Prelude to Crisis book that pretty much showcases some of the little bits from different books. Gives ya the over all picture of the story. And summarizes most of it for ya. Reprints two or three stories as well. Would be easier than trying to get all the crossover books.

The Prelude book is pretty much a prelude to the Countdown to Infinite Crisis one-shot. All of the countdown minis take place after the Prelude trade.

All one has to know going into IC 1 is...***Spoiler warnings""""

OMAC PROJECT

Batman created the Brother One/Eye satellite, Maxwell Lord took it over and using stolen tech created the OMACs. When the Blue Beetle found out about this he was shot in the head by Maxwell Lord. Lord then controlled Superman through his meta-human mind control abilities and used him to beat Batman and fight Wonder Woman. WW succeeded by killing Lord and thereby releasing Superman, and Batman later on greatly reduced the number of OMACs from being in the millions to just a couple of hundred thousand. Brother Eye released the footage of WW killing Max Lord to undermine the people's trust.

DAY OF VENGEANCE

The host-less Spectre and Eclipso (posessing Jean Loring) are trying to destroy all magic in the DCU. A group of d-list magic heroes combined to fight him, and lost when the Spectre destroyed the wizard Shazam and destroyed the Rock of Eternity - releasing the 7 Deadly Sins and numerous magic artifacts into the world.

RANN-THANAGAR WAR

Rann was teleported into the same universe as Thanagar. Thanagar was under the control of an undead monster named Onimar Synn, who led an army of zombies and living Thanagarian forces against Rann. Adam Strange, with help from Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Hawkwoman, the Omega Men and Captain Comet managed to defeat Synn. But the Rannian zeta-beam technology used to teleport Rann and later on destroy Synn seems to have ripped a hole in the fabric of reality. The Thanagarians, influenced by Starfire's sister Blackfire, resumed war on the Rannians. Meanwhile the GL Corps and L.E.G.I.O.N. are trying to stop the war and figure out what the rupture is.

VILLAINS UNITED

The villains of the DCU have united as the new Secret Society, spurred on by stories of mindwiping abuse by the JLA and their allies. A secret sponsor united a small group of six villains against the Society and most of the six were defeated in their fight against the Society. Turns out the DCU's Lex Luthor (power suited green-eyed Lex, former president of the USA) was funding the Secret Six against the Society, while another Lex Luthor was running the Secret Society (blue-eyed businessman Lex). The Society succeeded in killing Harbinger and Pariah, two survivors from the original Crisis.

DC SPECIAL: RETURN OF DONNA TROY

Donna Troy was revived by the Titans of Myth, but her memories were removed. The Titans were preparing to leave this plane of existance because something terrible was about to happen. Donna gradually gets her memories back in spades, as she now remembers the former DC multiverse and all of her former lives on the different versions of earth. She has become the new Harbinger and must now prepare the heroes of the DCU against a returning terrible force (the same force that has ripped a hole in the fabric of reality near Rann and Thanagar.

JLA: CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE

The Justice League has been torn apart over the mind-wiping incident and the fact that they used this on one of their own (Batman) who now holds a serious grudge against the JLA, whose very principles have been corrupted. He suspects they altered Catwoman's personality. Despero used his abilities to undo the mind-wipes and attacks the JLA, but is defeated. Zatanna mind-wipes some of the villains who had their memories returned to them. The League shatters. Someone who appears to be similar but not quite Superman attacks the Martian Manhunter and destroys the Justice League Watchtower.

JSA CLASSIFIED - THE SECRET ORIGIN OF POWER GIRL

Psycho-Pirate reveals to Power Girl that she is from Earth-2, the original Superman's Kryptonian cousin... but not a Kryptonian from the current reality of the DCU, nor is she Superman's cousin in this reality. Because she doesn't fit, the universe is trying to make sense of her - hence all of the different origins. She is confronted by images of Earth-2's Huntress and Robin, who did survive the original Crisis only to die in the Anti-Monitor's attack on the new reality.

This is the best DC has been in years. They have really stomped Marvel's @$$ this summer and fall. The only thing I hate about it is too many crossover [embarrassing lack of self control]. Just tell a story and have a few crossovers. Go back and read books in the 70s and 80s they did it right.

Ok I'm going to go on a limb here, and not listen to all alot of fans who like to fall into the reviews and hype. But my favorite and my opinion best crossover of all time is Age of Apocalypse. sorry.

Ok I'm going to go on a limb here, and not listen to all alot of fans who like to fall into the reviews and hype. But my favorite and my opinion best crossover of all time is Age of Apocalypse. sorry.

He means in terms of the breadth of the crossover, not the quality. COIE touched pretty much every DC book.