• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Book Sold With Missing Page - Who Is Responsible?
7 7

134 posts in this topic

On 5/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, Bird said:

I disagree. The major snafu is you submitted a book you did not inspect. You are more responsible here than either joey and/or cgc, who only process what you give them and bear no responsibility for not noting a missing page. You shoulder all blame for submitting a book with a missing page.

Blame for the earlier transaction when you purchased said book is completely different and does not move forward with the book.

Hypothetically.

Why was I brought into this? I specifically say I do not provide a restoration check on books. If I had charged for the service, and failed to catch the missing page, I could see mentioning me

On 5/9/2022 at 3:50 PM, joeypost said:

Why was I brought into this? I specifically say I do not provide a restoration check on books. If I had charged for the service, and failed to catch the missing page, I could see mentioning me

I never once blamed you for this. I just told people what I did with the book after I received it. You did what I expected, and I am always happy with the results.

On 5/9/2022 at 6:11 PM, Math Teacher said:

I never once blamed you for this. I just told people what I did with the book after I received it. You did what I expected, and I am always happy with the results.

(thumbsu

On 5/9/2022 at 4:50 PM, joeypost said:

I was saying you are irrelevant as well.

Edited by Bird

On 5/9/2022 at 6:51 PM, Bird said:

I was saying you are irrelevant as well.

As I stated above, the only expectation I had of Joey was for him to clean and press my books. He did an excellent job, just as he always does. I only mentioned his name when I explained what I did with the book after I received it.

Edited by Math Teacher

On 5/10/2022 at 8:51 AM, joeypost said:

(thumbsu

:headpat:

On 5/9/2022 at 4:50 PM, joeypost said:

Hypothetically was this book in your 8-12 books? Asking for a friend.

Everyone, I long ago said that I have contacted the seller, and I have told the seller that I'm not going to raise any more of a fuss. I learned from a $500 mistake, and I have decided to move on. I think it's time for everyone else to move on, also. No good can come from people still trying to find out the "nitty-gritty" facts about this situation.

If you still feel the need to "rip me a new one," please just PM me. Otherwise, just leave it alone. I am not going to answer any more questions on this topic.

Edited by Math Teacher

On 5/10/2022 at 1:20 PM, Math Teacher said:

Everyone, I long ago said that I have contacted the seller, and I have told the seller that I'm not going to raise any more of a fuss. I learned from a $500 mistake, and I have decided to move on. I think it's time for everyone else to move on, also. No good can come from people still trying to find out the "nitty-gritty" facts about this situation.

If you still feel the need to "rip me a new one," please just PM me. Otherwise, just leave it alone. I am not going to answer any more questions on this topic.

Hypothetically. 

On 5/9/2022 at 12:11 AM, thecollectron said:

What disturbs me about this is that a professional grading service assigned it a 3.0 instead of a 0.5 incomplete. If the graders didn't notice it was missing a page then I start wondering how many other incomplete books have slipped by. Sure, even grading companies make mistakes but that's pretty egregious. 

One time, I cracked the case with an old label.  It was 7.0.  I found a stain on the cover.  I resubmitted and got 6.0.