• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snake-people covers
1 1

55 posts in this topic

Today's weird cover-hunting request! So, I'm aware of the existence of Skeleton Hand #2, although I don't own a copy. Getting a copy of that one is clearly non-trivial.

image.png.3f1938bd9ca0c5646b1cd68f32b91f12.png

Are there any other comics with naga / lamia / were-serpent / snake-people of this nature on the cover?

On 5/10/2022 at 9:05 PM, MR SigS said:

lol

Sorry, I thought it meant people who like snake covers, for some reason. :screwy:

Well, I mean, I'm a person who likes snake covers, but that wasn't my exact goal this time!

On 5/10/2022 at 9:08 PM, Robot Man said:

I have a bunch of PCH covers. I’ll try to post them tomorrow if no one beats them to me first. 

I imagined there'd be a bunch of these in PCH. In addition, you know, to that Skeletal Hand #2 that there's no way I'm finding a copy of.

On 5/10/2022 at 9:16 PM, Phicks said:

A5BD2638-1308-449B-A5F4-C8B45D19DDE2.jpeg

That's pretty fantastic, there.

On 5/10/2022 at 7:36 PM, Qalyar said:

Is that just OA or a splash panel or something?

It's either a 9x12 or 10x14, so i doubt it's a splash page. I was just looking for Vigil art. All I know is it's Lamia by Marat and Vigil.

I'll have to ask.

To contribute to my own question, technically I suppose Avengers Annual #21 counts because Ssith over there in a box on the left is one of the Serpent-Men, like the ones on the cover of Kull #2. But... yeah. That's pretty weak tea.

image.png.b40d790a1b447534bac1e2e5a4ab01fd.png

There are lots of options, of course, if I don't restrict this to just covers, like the backup story in Detective Comics #514-517 featuring Batgirl versus Lady Viper. Which doesn't really go as planned for Batgirl for awhile; for example, this splash panel in #516. Nothing at all on the covers, of course, because Batman. As cool as this is, though, at least for now, I really am hoping for cover art.

image.png.0504d2fa6a41cdde896a4956d3892898.png

Edited by Qalyar