• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Cleaning & Pressing doing onsite Pressing at cons?
5 5

95 posts in this topic

(thumbsu

On 5/16/2022 at 5:11 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Through their website, I sent these guys a message letting them know their video is being discussed here.  Hopefully they join in. 

lol

Edited by Beige

On 5/14/2022 at 12:30 AM, Gary Strange said:

Ran across this video on youtube.  I would personally steer clear of these guys (just look how they crack the slab) but what do you think?

Pretty sure I can break my own comics. No need to pay a third party to do it.

It's a shame the video got pulled, the comments were pretty hilarious. 

It's pretty amazing how this innocuous little youtube video, which was meant to highlight the "work" of these guys, pretty effectively ruined their reputation in no time flat. Like, within hours, the word was out. I'm sure no one involved saw that coming, which is part of the problem. It's the wild west out there right now, as far as pressing is going. Makes my skin crawl.  The pressers I feel like I can trust can be counted on one hand. Between the bad pressers and the actual grading companies working together to mangle books, it's a pretty wacky world right now.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:35 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

The owner of the book seemed completely unphased by the mishandling.  I don’t think he has a clue either...

This is what really makes me shake my head every time I think back on the video.  Yes, the handling of the books and the cracking of the slab are painfully comedic to watch, but the guy making the video giddily hypes up their service as they're doing it and seems to think this is the greatest idea in the history of collecting. :screwy:

On 5/27/2022 at 7:15 AM, F For Fake said:

It's a shame the video got pulled, the comments were pretty hilarious. 

It's pretty amazing how this innocuous little youtube video, which was meant to highlight the "work" of these guys, pretty effectively ruined their reputation in no time flat. Like, within hours, the word was out. I'm sure no one involved saw that coming, which is part of the problem. It's the wild west out there right now, as far as pressing is going. Makes my skin crawl.  The pressers I feel like I can trust can be counted on one hand. Between the bad pressers and the actual grading companies working together to mangle books, it's a pretty wacky world right now.

There are two pressers I trust with my books, and one of them I haven't even used yet