• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distributor ink-- Regrade
1 1

22 posts in this topic

Hello Fellow Collectors,

I got this book and was reading the grader notes and only thing on it was ink. Do you guys think it is worth resubmitting? I mean everything else is so crispy.

Thanks! 

-Sean

image.thumb.jpeg.7622aa06fffd3337d0b48c883af101f6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a11bd446497e9ee7437c4eed4975fd3d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d9ed58cd44ef7501d24d818a40e617b4.jpeg

On 5/16/2022 at 4:32 PM, Army2013 said:

I mean everything else is so crispy.

The meaning of certain words has sure changed from when I was young.  When used in relation to paper ephemera, "crispy" used to be a bad thing.  :facepalm:

On 5/17/2022 at 1:05 AM, FFB said:

What makes you think you'd get any higher of a grade with that big blotch of ink on the front cover?  

The spine and the cover outside of the ink are in great shape. I expected the ink would take off points, but not 1.5

Although this is the first time I've seen ink in this proportion on a Spidy 300.  With late silver and bronze age comics, CGC can be wildly inconsistent with distributor ink and how much of a deduction goes into the final grade.  If you have time and funds, its worth a resubmit. 

On 6/14/2022 at 4:33 PM, Army2013 said:

Yea? How much do you believe they took off 

They keep their grading criteria top-secret, so who knows.  Moreover, you may have gotten a stricter (or looser) grader than others.  Or maybe they didn't have their coffee.

In other words, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 6/14/2022 at 4:48 PM, djzombi said:

They keep their grading criteria top-secret, so who knows.  Moreover, you may have gotten a stricter (or looser) grader than others.  Or maybe they didn't have their coffee.

In other words, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You’re right. We shall see it was cleaned and pressed and resubmitted. So we shall see! 

Congratulations on a successful respin of the Big Ol' Wheel of professional grading!