• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve B is joining Mycomicshop
2 2

173 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2022 at 12:45 PM, chrisco37 said:

Consignment Director

Right, I saw that, but what does that mean specifically, especially since Este will maintain the same position.

It sounds like Steve will be tasked with bringing in large consignments. Hopefully stuff that might have ended up elsewhere in Dallas. Perhaps they do it now, but I'm not aware of MCS actively seeking out consignments, they just seem to accept whatever they get in.

Sometimes I see a book where they have none in stock, several people have added it to their wish list but MCS isn't buying or taking that book on consignment. 

As great as their system is, it can still use some improvements.

On 5/17/2022 at 12:53 PM, shadroch said:

It sounds like Steve will be tasked with bringing in large consignments. Hopefully stuff that might have ended up elsewhere in Dallas. Perhaps they do it now, but I'm not aware of MCS actively seeking out consignments, they just seem to accept whatever they get in.

Sometimes I see a book where they have none in stock, several people have added it to their wish list but MCS isn't buying or taking that book on consignment. 

As great as their system is, it can still use some improvements.

That's what it sounds like to me.  Similar to his role when he worked for Heritage (after CGC, prior to CBCS).  

On 5/17/2022 at 12:48 PM, chrisco37 said:
On 5/17/2022 at 12:47 PM, Ryan. said:

Right, I saw that, but what does that mean specifically, especially since Este will maintain the same position.

It’s exactly what it sounds like you dingus.  :D

This will never get old. :D

On 5/17/2022 at 12:53 PM, MAR1979 said:

Perfect for his flipper supreme mentality unlike his role at CBCS. Perhaps now CBCS can get their act together??

What's wrong with their act? 

Other than CS, of course.