• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite single comic book of all time?

94 posts in this topic

Let's say you can only have ONE comic book. You can't sell it or trade it, so throw "value" out the window. I'm sure this has been done before, but what's your single favorite comic book of all time?

I'll begin. Mine is "Strange Adventures #95, from 1958".

74_1_b.JPG

I was probably about 8 years old and I had a coverless copy of this book. I probably read it 50 times! If I'd ever go through my junk and find it, I'd pull it out and read it again. I pictured myself as being the "Boy who Saved the Solar System" when I was young. Just an great book! Just within the last month I finally purchased a nice copy; it's weird to read the book with white pages and especially a cover!

Yours?

I don't feel I've read enough comics to make a final decision. Hulk #1 and TOS #39 are up there...

jskjhmm.jpg

But my favorite comic that I own is the back story to Simpsons Comics #1. It's a spoof horror comic called Bart Simpson's Creepy Crawly Tales.

sc01back.gif

The story is entitled "The Collector" and is about a collector with a fabulous collection who is driven mad by the hand of fate. I read it several times a year.

As a big Simpsons fan, Bongo Comics were the first comics I collected. I'm sure that has something to do with it. Plus, I just love the story.

X-Men 67. my good friend had a copy of this book and we treated it like a grail. For a long time we actually tought it was the origin of the Juggernaut 27_laughing.gif! When I was about 16 I bought my own copy. Even though I am not a big X-men fan, this one will never leave my collection.

Avengers #177 (battle against Korvac).

I also really enjoyed Infinity Gauntlet #4. I love those all out superhero battles against a higher being.

Another one that sticks out in my mind is the battle between Thor and Zeus in Avengers #285.

Mine is Ironman #6 it had the crusher fighting ironman. It was a good/vg copy the first book I read cover to cover even the letters to the editor section, I left it along with about 150 mixed books at my brothers house, he then went and sold them behind my back when I moved away. I had vf issues of flash #123 & 129 and a f/vf issue of Mad #24, Avengers #3 and so on...... foreheadslap.gif and he never told me what he got for them he will not even admit that he sold them makepoint.gif

893censored-thumb.gifsign-rantpost.gif893blahblah.gif893censored-thumb.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Daredevil 246 - I'm not even a Daredevil fan but I read this one to death...

21267019774.246.gif

DKR 4 for obvious reasons. Also my favorite cover (tied with DKR 1):

21805889860.4.1ST.PRT.gif

Hellblazer Dangerous Habits TPB - Great frikkin story.

1563891506.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

first back ish i ever bought that cost more than cover price...X-Men #109 in strong nm- condition.

of course it's worth about what i paid for it back then - some twenty odd years ago - but it won't ever get upgraded