• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have their metal Charizard/Pikachu Graded yet?
4 4

191 posts in this topic

Last update said the new holders would be going live end of May. Anyone seen any status updates on their paused submissions yet?

I just happened to submit a bulk order with my metal cards included the week before the pause was announced (recieved 2/24). Hoping next month I might finally get my submission finished and sent back :/

I didn't realize they had been paused. There is no warning when adding them to an order. I submitted 79 bulk cards including 4 metal cards on 5/17. Order changed to grading/encapsulation on Friday the 5/20 but haven't seen any updates yet and no grades have been posted on the tracking page for any of the cards. 

After speaking with customer service, I'm just going to have them send my 4 metal cards back un-graded so that I can receive my other 75 graded/encapsulated cards back. I'll send the metal cards back in once they resume grading them as it does't look like there is a concrete date/plan and these could be held up for months. 

On 6/1/2022 at 10:00 AM, Angel Ruelas said:

So if you have a metal card in the order that is what’s causing delay.?

Yep. Your submission will stay at the "grading/encapsulation" phase until we hear more about when the metal cards will start being finished and encapsultaed in CGC's new holder made just for them.

My 59 card bulk sub has been at that phase since early april.

My cards shipped since I said to send the Metal cards back. Out of 75 cards: 

10s - 5

9.5s - 28

9s - 34

I have to inspect one of my Charizard VSTARs though it had 9.5,10,10,7 not sure what the issue with the surface was. 

• Administrator

Regarding metal cards: 

We are currently finalizing a solution and hope to provide an update soon. Once we have fully tested this solution, we will make an announcement regarding it and let everyone know their metal cards can be safely encapsulated.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:45 AM, CGC Mike said:

Regarding metal cards: 

We are currently finalizing a solution and hope to provide an update soon. Once we have fully tested this solution, we will make an announcement regarding it and let everyone know their metal cards can be safely encapsulated.

Thanks Mike! 

On 6/6/2022 at 11:45 AM, CGC Mike said:

Regarding metal cards: 

Is it possible to have the partial bulk order that is already graded sent back and leave the metal cards until finished? 
If not, do you have a rough timeframe for when you think these will begin being able to be encapsulated?

• Administrator
On 6/8/2022 at 12:17 PM, Tyler Houston said:

Is it possible to have the partial bulk order that is already graded sent back and leave the metal cards until finished? 
If not, do you have a rough timeframe for when you think these will begin being able to be encapsulated?

I believe the entire order would have to be shipped back, including the metal cards.  We don't have a timeframe when we will be able to encapsulate the metal cards but we are hoping it will be soon.  As I mentioned, we are currently finalizing a solution.  

• Administrator
On 6/20/2022 at 1:41 PM, BrothersDicksonCardCo said:

Any update on this? I currently have a bulk order with you guys that was recieved December of last year... I want my cards back, but I'd be willing to wait a little longer if I knew there was a solution coming soon.

The last update I have been given is posted above.  

On 6/6/2022 at 12:45 PM, CGC Mike said:

Regarding metal cards: 

On 5/26/2022 at 1:36 PM, rhunnicutt said:

Last update said the new holders would be going live end of May. Anyone seen any status updates on their paused submissions yet?

I just happened to submit a bulk order with my metal cards included the week before the pause was announced (recieved 2/24). Hoping next month I might finally get my submission finished and sent back :/

Welp, almost a month since I made this post and it seems as uncertain as ever. Today I am requesting my cards returned with my metal cards ungraded :/

Edited by rhunnicutt

On 6/21/2022 at 11:55 AM, chaoticcow said:

I might have to do the same... Keep waiting out for hope but I paid extra to get my cards back sooner and now they've taken longer than bulk would've :/

That sucks :( Mine was bulk but the ETA when I submitted would've had them on track to be back early May. 

my metal cards were moved to shipping and i did not request to send them back my zard did receive a grad but my pika didn't.??? nothing in the notes about either.... was told by customer service that them must have figured out a way encapsulate them....and neither of them have images of the cards...