• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have their metal Charizard/Pikachu Graded yet?
4 4

191 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2022 at 1:46 PM, CGC Mike said:

The last update I have been given is posted above.  

Rapid Rippen said he got a notification that his metal cards have been shipped. does this mean they have a solution and we will be receiving our cards soon?

• Administrator
On 6/25/2022 at 8:40 PM, VaporX said:

Rapid Rippen said he got a notification that his metal cards have been shipped. does this mean they have a solution and we will be receiving our cards soon?

I can check on Monday.  

• Administrator

We still aren't grading metal cards.  the solution that we tried last week did not work out so well, so we have one more part coming in  that will hopefully remedy the situation. Will be at least another few weeks out.

This is starting to become annoying. Your customers have been extremely patient in reference to this and the basic responses when people inquire is getting old. First off there is no disclaimer when we add these metal cards to our inventory. Secondly you take our money once you receive the cards and now you're holding them all due to an issue that has been taking three plus months to address! 

I don't do this for a living but seems to me if they can make a case to incapsulate a deck of cards then they can find one for a metal card. Even better if you can incapsulate these baseball / football cards that have memorabilia in them then why can the metal cards be done they are just a thick?

I as well as others do not want our cards back ungraded we want CGC to stop procrastinating and find a solution. i.e. stop looking for a cheap solution and get this fixed. With all that being said at what point do you start taking care of your customers for making them wait for excessive time frames for their purchased products? 

On 6/30/2022 at 10:00 AM, VaporX said:

This is starting to become annoying. Your customers have been extremely patient in reference to this and the basic responses when people inquire is getting old. First off there is no disclaimer when we add these metal cards to our inventory. Secondly you take our money once you receive the cards and now you're holding them all due to an issue that has been taking three plus months to address! 

I don't do this for a living but seems to me if they can make a case to incapsulate a deck of cards then they can find one for a metal card. Even better if you can incapsulate these baseball / football cards that have memorabilia in them then why can the metal cards be done they are just a thick?

I as well as others do not want our cards back ungraded we want CGC to stop procrastinating and find a solution. i.e. stop looking for a cheap solution and get this fixed. With all that being said at what point do you start taking care of your customers for making them wait for excessive time frames for their purchased products? 

Welcome to CGC. You must be new here.

On 6/29/2022 at 5:33 PM, CGC Mike said:

We still aren't grading metal cards.  the solution that we tried last week did not work out so well, so we have one more part coming in  that will hopefully remedy the situation. Will be at least another few weeks out.

Will I be getting refunded the submission cost for the metals Zard and Pikachu I sent? Unfortunately there is no indication that you will not grade them other than this post.

• Administrator
On 7/23/2022 at 1:26 PM, Zalithed said:

Will I be getting refunded the submission cost for the metals Zard and Pikachu I sent? Unfortunately there is no indication that you will not grade them other than this post.

You can ask for a refund and the cards will be returned ungraded.

On 7/25/2022 at 6:07 PM, CGC Mike said:

The cards I submitted show as shipped back to me. However I was charged the coat of grading the 3 cards I submitted,  even though 2 of them are the metal cards.

On 7/26/2022 at 7:26 AM, Zalithed said:
On 7/25/2022 at 10:07 AM, CGC Mike said:

The cards I submitted show as shipped back to me. However I was charged the coat of grading the 3 cards I submitted,  even though 2 of them are the metal cards.

the mod can step in here, but i  imagine he will tell you anything other than to contact CGC customer service.  They have phone and email on the cgc website.

good luck.

• Administrator
On 7/26/2022 at 10:26 AM, Zalithed said:
On 7/25/2022 at 1:07 PM, CGC Mike said:

The only thing you can do is contact customer service, and ask them for a refund.

• Administrator
On 8/5/2022 at 11:47 PM, Gamepak40 said:

Any updates on metal Zards, looking forward to sending in the 2 I have 😬

Sorry, I have still not received and update regarding the metal card status.

On 8/6/2022 at 5:32 AM, CGC Mike said:

Sorry, I have still not received and update regarding the metal card status.

Hey Mike, do you know when we will receive any type of update on our metal cards? Last we heard the part would be ordered and may take a few weeks to come in. Has any progress been made as of yet?