• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What exactly are "warehouse finds"?

186 posts in this topic

What exactly are warehouse finds? Throughout these boards I see this come up now and then. Is it what it sounds like; a stash of comics found in a random warehouse?

thumbsup2.gif

Do these finds still happen in current times?

thumbsup2.gif

What exactly are warehouse finds? Throughout these boards I see this come up now and then. Is it what it sounds like; a stash of comics found in a random warehouse? Do these finds still happen in current times?

Yes, and Yes.

In fact, NeatStuff was auctioning off part of their "Million Copy Find" of Bronze comics. Lots of other smaller warehouse finds are completed on the hush-hush, so as to not immediately devalue the comics found.

Could you just imagine the Mile High 2 find happening today, and the sheer number of keys like Hulk 181, FF 48, etc., being announced to the world?

Yeah Mile High 2 would be absolutely insane and most likely depress prices for some time to come.

How do these warehouse finds happen? I've read the Mile High story, but what about more recent finds? Is there anywhere I can read about them?

What kind of warehouses, comic warehouses????confused.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good topic. I have wondered about the warehouse thing as well, especially the distributors stock ones (like NeatStuff found I think) which really confuse me: How can a big warehouse full of thousands of comics sit around for 20 or 30 years without being discovered? I mean, when distributors or comic shops go out of business, don't they always liquidate their stock to pay off debts? And even if they somehow didn't, whomever bought or rented the building after them certainly would have done something other than let them just sit there... confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh and about the Mile High 2...I've heard it mentioned but never heard the story of what it contained or how it was found. Could someone elaborate? Thanks!

Yes, lucky on the Church find. I don't think luck had much to do with MH2. Not that many dealers in the mid-1980s would have been able to pull together the financing to purchase that inventory all at once. Supposedly at least one of the current members of this board passed on MH2 because of concerns about basically trafficking in stolen property! 893whatthe.gif

Could you just imagine the Mile High 2 find happening today, and the sheer number of keys like Hulk 181, FF 48, etc., being announced to the world?

How many copies of the big keys did that find contain? I know there were a bunch of FF 48s, but does anyone have rough numbers?

That is a very good question. But when he shipped the son of the seller 15,000 comics(2 of each), then you could estimate he was looking at at least 7,500 individual comics mostly marvels. Ultimately, it's a "You have to ask him." Situation.

I know with most of the warehouse finds it hard to find info on the books found. Is there any info / leaks / rumors on the content of the more recent warehouse finds including the one involving NEATSTUFF.