• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large Sale of wide ranging books. <CLOSED>
6 6

294 posts in this topic

Kid Eternity #3 (Quality Comics, 1946). Solid copy with some spine wear, corner creasing and some cover stains (see above "ETE" in Eternity), small corner piece missing at the back. Complete and well attached. Seems like a 4.0 book to me. 

$70  **NOW $63**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Land Of The Lost #4 (EC, 1947). Bottom staple pulled through front, but attached elsewhere. Some rust to the staples, but no other moisture evidence that I see. There are a couple staple tears, and another above the bottom staple along the spine. Corner creasing, small piece missing back bottom edge. I have this one at 3.0 or so. 

$80  **NOW $75**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Modern Love #1 (1949, EC). Feldstein cover. Plenty of general wear, especially surface wear to front. 0.5-0.75" spine split at the top, creasing, small piece missing right edge front, stain back cover, maybe some foxing inside (see splash pic for what I am referencing), names written in ink in several places in the second story. Complete and attached. Seems better than 2.0 to me, but not by much. Let's go with 2.5 (though I wanted to say 3.0). Happy to provide more/different pics upon request. Only 14 blue label on the census. 

$485  **NOW $470**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Mystic #48, Atlas, 1956. Burgos cover on this solid book. Well attached and complete. Some spine wear, nice colors and gloss, nothing big to pick on. It has nice pages, and would grade high except for the spine wear. Maybe 5.0?

$80  **SOLD to @Jayman**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Police Against Crime #8, Premier Magazines, 1955. Low grade, but complete. Tears at the staples, spine splits at bottom and middle, tape pull, other general wear. It’s no better than 2.0…probably 1.8.

$18  **NOW $16**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Public Enemies #1, DS Publishing,1948. Solid, complete and well attached with one caveat. The top staple did not go through all 12 interior wraps...only 10. There are marks on those wraps from being pushed against the staple for over 70 years, but I do not believe they have pulled through (I could be wrong here, but that is how I see the situation). I believe the staple never penetrated those two wraps. It is well attached to the first 10, and the bottom staple is well attached to all 12. Note some spine damage including a tear at the bottom staple, and a split below the bottom staple (this does not impact how well the staple is attached to the cover, and it does not extend down to the bottom of the book...only about 1"), a couple corner creases top right front. I think this one is 4.0.

$130  **NOW $120**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Public Enemies #3, DS Publishing, 1948. Another solid and complete book, Some minor spine wear including a tiny split below the bottom staple, small ink mark under 10c and a pencil check mark on front cover, nice pages, but some minor tanning to edges of interior covers, back cover staple tears but still attached. Seems at least 4.0 to me, and maybe better.

$120  **NOW $110**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

On 6/8/2022 at 4:48 PM, elibowman said:

Mystic #48, Atlas, 1956. Burgos cover on this solid book. Well attached and complete. Some spine wear, nice colors and gloss, nothing big to pick on. It has nice pages, and would grade high except for the spine wear. Maybe 5.0?

$80

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:takeit:

Space Adventures #8, Charlton, 1953. Rough overall, but complete. Classic robot cover. Piece missing at lower staple, and front detached at that staple because of this. Lots of general wear. Some foreign substance on "ADVENTURES". Minor interior tears in the margins on most pages. 1.8 for me. Get a tough book at a cheap price. 

$40  **SOLD to @Robot Man**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Tomb Of Terror #4, Harvey, 1952. Solid, lower grade again. Complete and attached. Some foxing interior back cover, plenty of general wear. Nothing major to call out, but an accumulation. The back cover really holds it back. Let's go 3.5 on this one.

$150  **SOLD to @Dr. Balls**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Tomb Of Terror #9, Harvey, 1953. Great cover by Elias. Writing on front cover, but looks pretty solid overall. Spine wear. However, large piece missing from the back cover. 3.5Q, or something less than 2.0 due to the piece missing. 

$105  **NOW $99**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman