• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much does accidental tape pull affect grade?

10 posts in this topic

I have two near perfect 9.8 books that unfortunately fell victim to some previous tape pulls on the back covers at some point. The “fuzzy” left over sections of back cover are maybe 3/4- 1 inch square…but otherwise the books are perfect. Do you think even a 9.0 would be possible with that much pull damage? The books are an Omega men 3 ( 1st lobo) and a Ghostrider 1 1990 volume.

Edited by NumminzAK

Yep. I mean, would you be happy buying a 9.0 that had a patch of ink loss? It definitely ‘feels’ right to me that the book would drop to a midgrade.

On 6/4/2022 at 11:45 PM, NumminzAK said:

I have two near perfect 9.8 books that unfortunately fell victim to some previous tape pulls on the back covers at some point. The “fuzzy” left over sections of back cover are maybe 3/4- 1 inch square…but otherwise the books are perfect. Do you think even a 9.0 would be possible with that much pull damage? The books are an Omega men 3 ( 1st lobo) and a Ghostrider 1 1990 volume.

Nope, a 9.0 would not be possible. You literally removed a part of the book. I think the highest possible would be a 7.0 but could be lower.