• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you rather keep…
2 2

50 posts in this topic

Incredible Hulk 181 CGC 6.0 

or 

Fantastic Four 5 CGC 2.0? 

If you could only keep one of the two books, which one would it be?  What are the reasons?  I’m interested to hear what you would choose.

The

On 6/5/2022 at 10:58 AM, Drummy said:

If I'm looking to replace either one over time, I'd keep the FF #5 as one can find a Hulk #181 all day long, seven days a week, and in your case might find an equally well-presenting copy at the 4.5 level. 

Both seem to have legs regarding upcoming movie hype, so that factor doesn't move the needle for me.  (Also, 1962 vs. 1974!)

Dan

I don’t need to sell either right now, which is nice of course.  I’m just kind of mulling it over since there’s a few shows near me this summer and it would be nice to have a few extra shekels.  

Full disclosure, I have a FF 5 3.5W as well.

On 6/5/2022 at 11:03 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

The

I don’t need to sell either right now, which is nice of course.  I’m just kind of mulling it over since there’s a few shows near me this summer and it would be nice to have a few extra shekels.  

Just take the extra copy to the show in case you see something you’d rather have. (shrug)

FF5. Pivotal FF villain, Stan and Jack working their magic, still fresh. It's a bit lower grade than I'd have wished for, but beggars can't be choosers. I'll take it all day long. 

Personally I'd go with the IH181, but that's because I'm more of a Wolverine and Hulk fan then FF.  And honestly I never liked the cover to FF5, too busy with too many words.

On 6/5/2022 at 8:03 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts so far.  It does help that I have another copy of FF 5, but I’m still not quite sure what I’d like to do.

Knowing your collection, of what you've posted, be sure you have either a book in mind or idk.

Maybe dont sell for the sake of it, or the sake of buying when not knowing what will present itself.

I think that is curbing your enthusiasm. I have a con next week, and I myself am looking at prices knowing it will either be expensive because over priced or just the market.

It seems to have cooled off perhaps on some, but I  seriously doubting myself that it will translate to comic con.

Lol it is ups and downs on the expectancy scale for sure! :x

Sometimes the thrill of the hunt is not knowing what to expect? hm

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/5/2022 at 6:22 PM, Comics4All said:

When Victor hits the big screen, FF 5 will skyrocket! 

just like morbius? 

i agree that h181 is super easy to find. but no one here is entertaining the possibility that the 3rd iteration of ff is yet again underwhelming, in which case ff5 might not have such a bright future after all. not to mention that current pricing already reflects a good deal of speculation. whereas wolvie is proven as one of the most popular superheroes in the last almost 50 years.

i think 181 is the book that you want ten copies of. ff5 is the one to have one or two copies. 

On 6/5/2022 at 8:03 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

The

Then of course I would have to keep the Hulk 181 if you have a second copy of F.F. 5

On 6/5/2022 at 9:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sometimes the thrill of the hunt is not knowing what to expect? hm

I don’t have anything in particular in mind, but I just want to be ready in case something that was unexpected comes along.  You know, like a Suspense 3….

:jokealert:

But seriously.  I always like to be prepared.  

On 6/5/2022 at 9:22 PM, Comics4All said:

Do you have another copy of IH 181?

FF 5 is harder to get but 2.0 is pretty low grade, especially if you have another copy.

When Victor hits the big screen, FF 5 will skyrocket! 

This is my only copy of 181.