• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your love...I have comic ennui
3 3

57 posts in this topic

Go back to the modern 'classics'

Walking Dead 1 - 48

Transmetropolitan

Planetary

Daytripper

100 Bullets

Plenty of good stuff there.

On 6/8/2022 at 8:48 PM, Beige said:

Go back to the modern 'classics'

Walking Dead 1 - 48

Transmetropolitan

Planetary

Daytripper

100 Bullets

Plenty of good stuff there.

Did Daytripper ever "resolve"? I read first 4 or 5 but gave up on it out of frustration. Was it just more of the same or was their a reason for what we saw? (Please don't tell me to read it to find the answer.)

on a non sequitar...I wish Fell continued. That was one I wanted to continue following.

I think I may read a few Treasury Editions this weekend. I have some out, 95% of MY stuff is packed away in anticipation of a move that never seems to come.I have "stock" accessible, but not real good reading material. But I just added 3 more houses for wifey to review so we'll get there.

Edited by Economy Joe

On 6/9/2022 at 11:03 AM, Economy Joe said:

Did Daytripper ever "resolve"? I read first 4 or 5 but gave up on it out of frustration. Was it just more of the same or was their a reason for what we saw? (Please don't tell me to read it to find the answer.)

Yes - but - you actually DO have to read it! :peace:

It makes sense in a depressing-as-all-hell way.

Great series.

On 6/8/2022 at 1:12 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Mazzucchelli’s art is brilliant; a perfect match.

Yes. Perfect match. Miller's best collaborator that unfortunately moved on...

On 6/8/2022 at 1:12 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Both classics. Fond recollections of reading the latter in episodic form in the 70s’ 100 pagers as a kid, especially the last part featuring Batman.

Great Aparo covers too!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I recently pulled out my Preacher trades to re-read it again - man, I loved that title; makes me wish it would have gotten a show of "The Boys" caliber. I'm really loving that show, and that was another great read. I had to stop watching the Preacher show because of how much I loved the book. I know there are a ton of differences in The Boys show compared to the comics, but something about the show still makes it work really well for me.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

Been reading Fables & I am up to Vol.15 of the trades.I have never gotten into trade editions for a series before,always been a floppy guy from way back,but I gotta' admit this is the way to go for reading something outside my usual wheelhouse.Fables is a great run and when I finish it up I will check out Fairest.

After that I will probably revisit Dreadstar,Fish Police & Miracle Man in no particular order.Maybe Captain Marvel & Warlock after that.Too many choices.

On 6/18/2022 at 8:16 AM, Haljordanfan said:

Show him nothing…. Let’s hope he stays away and finds stamp or coin collecting exciting.

One less competitor to have in the game is fine with me. 😂

I have no loss of enthusiasm for the business dealings, unfortunately for you.

I am talking joy of comics, not making bank. :facepalm:

On 6/18/2022 at 8:16 AM, Haljordanfan said:

Show him nothing…. Let’s hope he stays away and finds stamp or coin collecting exciting.

One less competitor to have in the game is fine with me. 😂

Thats just a sad remark...plus @bird um @Economy Joe sells great comics on the boards you should check hem out:baiting:always fun talking movies with him too(thumbsu

On 6/18/2022 at 10:19 AM, Namtak said:

Thats just a sad remark...plus @bird um @Economy Joe sells great comics on the boards you should check hem out:baiting:always fun talking movies with him too(thumbsu

I agree, everyone came in to make a nice suggestion and he can only think of himself. Fist meet self.

Go with some Hush, and The Long Halloween. Ditko and Lee Spideys always work for me too. They are accessible right at your local library as well. It’s peaceful and quiet there too lol 

Get that enthusiasm back- we need your energy man! 

D5FE0779-E1F5-4240-BA45-5A50399DDBD7.jpeg

How about reading the first 32 issues of Kamandi.  That is a fun read. 

685665456_Kamandi7.jpg.db65aab32c08af0ae877e246f9abe9b7.jpg

Edited by Senormac
cuz visuals matter