• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any experience with Black Diamond Comic Art?
2 2

9 posts in this topic

This is a relatively new site/dealers (last few years) that rep a handful of higher tier modern artists such as Javi Fernandez and Bruno Redondo, among many others. Their artists work in traditional, digital, and both.

I have a commission from them, but it's not late at all, and I also contacted them about buying a page (artist's proof) but requested it be remarked since the digital panel has one panel that is all white... They said no problem but the artist would not be able to do so until July sometime, well that's also no problem for me, but they have not responded to a few emails asking them how to pay. Do they want to charge extra for the Remark or should I just check out with the page?

I'm thinking of just following up in early July, but figured i'd see if anyone here has bought from them before and has any idea if this lack of communication is normal or not.

I currently in the process of buying two pages from them and have a payment plan set up. I'm corresponding with someone  called 'Miles' and had a whole set of questions regarding the art before the 1st payment was made.

Communication was faultless and Miles answered every email in a timely manner. Seeing how things are in another month or two when the pieces are paid is another thing but for now - all good.

I've bought a few things from them in the past few years.  Miles and Oscar are great.  Longest I've waited to hear back from them on something was a week at best and that was because they were travelling for a show.  I'd reach back out again.  I've yet to have a problem with them.

A friend bought something from Black Diamond during the last CAF Live.  He dealt with Miles, and said that the entire experience was excellent  -  one of the best international transactions he has ever done in decades of collecting OA.

Just an update on this:

Miles ended up getting the order processed and was very pleasant. Unfortunately, I had asked for my page to get remarked and was very clear that the remark be of batgirl (since the page features Barbara Gordon in her civies), but the remark added onto my page was Nightwing.

I'm trying to decide what to do about this... I think I'll ask for either my remark fee back, or a seperate headsketch of batgirl. And I'll be happy with whichever of the two is easier for them/the artist.