• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there any good comic cons or stores in Montana or Idaho?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2022 at 5:37 PM, kimik said:

I am looking at taking a short trip to Montana or Idaho this summer. Are there any comic cons in either state during the summer months? Also, any good stores to hit?

Can't remember the store names, but I'm pretty sure "Bueller" on youtube just did a show in those areas. He is trying to visit every comic book store in America. I think his show is called Comics and Coffee or something like that. He sold most of his comics, loaded up his RV, and is travelling all over the country. That would be a lot of fun!

On 6/24/2022 at 11:25 PM, Not A Clone said:

Can't remember the store names, but I'm pretty sure "Bueller" on youtube just did a show in those areas. He is trying to visit every comic book store in America. I think his show is called Comics and Coffee or something like that. He sold most of his comics, loaded up his RV, and is travelling all over the country. That would be a lot of fun!

Hopefully, the ad revenue from YouTube will pay for his gas!

Is one of those the state that's supposedly only got one set of escalators? I've always wondered if that's true or just a state joke. 

@Dr. Ballsmight know.  He is in Great Falls.  And visit his restaurant :D

I have been to Missoula a few times and I remember visiting one store but I cannot remember the name and it been quite a while.

Missoula is one of my favorite places.  That area is a place where I forget about everything else and just absorb the nature and tranquility.

Have fun.

On 6/24/2022 at 3:37 PM, kimik said:

I am looking at taking a short trip to Montana or Idaho this summer. Are there any comic cons in either state during the summer months? Also, any good stores to hit?

Kelly’s Comics in Great Falls has a pretty huge back issue selection, not much in the way of anything older than Moderns, though. He’s got a crazy amount of TPBs, games, dice, sculptures, Warhammer, etc. it’s like two stores worth of stuff crammed into one. Brooks is the owner, he’s an old buddy of mine - he’s had his shop for almost 30 years. 

Kalispell has Comics Arcade, another comic shop - he just recently moved his location, but he is still in business. I haven’t been up there but I talk with him from time to time. He was an old customer of my comic shop in the 90s. Very nice guy, super knowledgeable and probably has a nice selection of all genres.

A trip to Montana would be great, we’ve gotten a lot of rain all over the state (some places too much) so that generally means fire season will not be as extreme this year. And if you plan on coming through Great Falls, give me a heads up if you decide to grab a burger and I’ll hook you up with some Roadhouse stuff!

On 6/26/2022 at 5:13 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Kelly’s Comics in Great Falls has a pretty huge back issue selection, not much in the way of anything older than Moderns, though. He’s got a crazy amount of TPBs, games, dice, sculptures, Warhammer, etc. it’s like two stores worth of stuff crammed into one. Brooks is the owner, he’s an old buddy of mine - he’s had his shop for almost 30 years. 

Kalispell has Comics Arcade, another comic shop - he just recently moved his location, but he is still in business. I haven’t been up there but I talk with him from time to time. He was an old customer of my comic shop in the 90s. Very nice guy, super knowledgeable and probably has a nice selection of all genres.

A trip to Montana would be great, we’ve gotten a lot of rain all over the state (some places too much) so that generally means fire season will not be as extreme this year. And if you plan on coming through Great Falls, give me a heads up if you decide to grab a burger and I’ll hook you up with some Roadhouse stuff!

I was just in kalispell a few days ago, and when I googled comic store, comics arcade popped up but I thought it was just a literal arcade based on name and first few Google photos.  😆  definelty checking it out next time I head out there. 

On 4/26/2024 at 2:16 PM, waaaghboss said:

I was just in kalispell a few days ago, and when I googled comic store, comics arcade popped up but I thought it was just a literal arcade based on name and first few Google photos.  😆  definelty checking it out next time I head out there. 

I will be in Kallispell in August. If there's a yarn store in the city as well Mrs. Donut and I will have a pleasant afternoon.