• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Custom Labels
2 2

12 posts in this topic

The new custom labels came out and I was thinking about submitting my asm 252 and using the Secret Wars 8 black suit label on it. Is that a smart move or would that label be better suited (no pun intended) for only SW 8 submissions? I’m talking about for resale. I like it for something in my PC but I may want to upgrade later on.

On 6/26/2022 at 10:19 AM, Texaswingnut said:

The new custom labels came out and I was thinking about submitting my asm 252 and using the Secret Wars 8 black suit label on it. Is that a smart move or would that label be better suited (no pun intended) for only SW 8 submissions? I’m talking about for resale. I like it for something in my PC but I may want to upgrade later on.

Welcome to the boards 

Labels are a bit finicky 

It's a little like signature series, some like them some don't 

They're limited, so whose to say there wont be a better one next time, then the ones you have aren't as desired?

I'm ok if it happens to be on a book I want, or it doesnt dissuade me from buying.

Sometimes it might as the Notes for the book are now on the back of the slab, as the artwork takes up the front.

So it can be hit and miss, some think its neat, so if you had two equal grade and or value book, one limited label one not, I feel the limited label will have a smaller pool of buyers.

That said, those limited pool of buyers, might be willing to pay a premium but it is more a personal choice, so buy the book not the label.

It will be cool, and the buyers may not care, but those who do will cause the buying pool to be smaller, a bit the same with signature series most of the time

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

For the $5 difference, I get a label any time it is available, unless it's horrible.  An example is when they cover over the artwork that you just paid extra for with a CGC hologram.  Really stupid, but it happens.  Still trying to figure out who wants "Little Doom" labels.

I'm hoping that when I sell those books, they will stand out in the listings among the majority non-labels.  Just my opinion, not based on any facts or studies.

In the case of the ASM 252, that is a tough decision.  It is not exactly the right application of the label, since it's specifically from Secret Wars, but they may never have a another type of black costume Spider-Man label.

Edited by Lightning55

On 6/27/2022 at 12:58 PM, Crops068 said:
On 6/27/2022 at 9:04 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wouldn't use any custom labels. They're only available for a limited time, and they distract from the comic's cover art.

Unless they are the comic's cover art.

GetImage.aspx?c=3813219&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=Ni8yNy8yMDIyIDI6MDI6MzMgUE0%3d

On 6/27/2022 at 1:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 6/27/2022 at 12:58 PM, Crops068 said:
On 6/27/2022 at 9:04 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wouldn't use any custom labels. They're only available for a limited time, and they distract from the comic's cover art.

Unless they are the comic's cover art.

GetImage.aspx?c=3813219&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=Ni8yNy8yMDIyIDI6MDI6MzMgUE0%3d

The Devil's Advocate - I Rest My Case GIF by MikeyMo | Gfycat

On 6/27/2022 at 1:04 PM, Crops068 said:

The Devil's Advocate - I Rest My Case GIF by MikeyMo | Gfycat

Truly I wish there was a better option for SS than Claremont, yet accredited to the book a bit, it's the last resort :cry:

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-giant-size-chris-claremont-autograph-appropriate/

https://www.comicbookherald.com/chris-claremont-era-x-men-reading-order-guide/

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/27/2022 at 12:01 AM, Lightning55 said:

For the $5 difference, I get a label any time it is available, unless it's horrible.  An example is when they cover over the artwork that you just paid extra for with a CGC hologram.  Really stupid, but it happens.  Still trying to figure out who wants "Little Doom" labels.

I'm hoping that when I sell those books, they will stand out in the listings among the majority non-labels.  Just my opinion, not based on any facts or studies.

In the case of the ASM 252, that is a tough decision.  It is not exactly the right application of the label, since it's specifically from Secret Wars, but they may never have a another type of black costume Spider-Man label.

That’s kind of my thinking. If I’m already 40 + in to getting a book graded then you get a lot of bang for your 5 bucks if you want to bundle some with shipping. Hard to pull the trigger on only 1 when they have to ship separately (I think-in the process of my first submissions being shipped baxk-half blue/half custom).

On 6/27/2022 at 6:35 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Love this one 29DA91FF-F7A1-4EFB-A2F3-85D85EF1EDD6.thumb.jpeg.9a79cc8fabd66990f81d3ca5fb8dcd8c.jpeg

Great example of the appeal of some of the labels. They look amazing when paired with the book the art is generated from (like Wolverine #2 and JiM #83), but wonky otherwise, especially when SA art is paired with a modern book, or vice versa.