• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tracking submitted comics older than 8 months?

9 posts in this topic

CGC,

I submitted 10 books last year, they were entered into your system as received on 10/22/21.

1 book was economy, 7 were modern, 2 were standard. When I last checked my submissions page on June 22, 2022, all 10 books still appeared and the single book not yet received, the economy book, showed as "Scheduled for Grading". None of the 10 books currently appear on my submissions page. Since it is now more than eight months since being entered into your system (by 5 days), I assumed that I could use the search feature as advertised on the site to find books submitted more than eight months in the past. I typed in my submission number and nothing appears other than a note saying I can only use the search feature for submissions older than eight months. Again, the submission IS older than eight months so why is it not showing up when I enter the submission number?

Frustrated to say the least.

Hello. sorry for the long delay. I have been in the process of moving for several months and was just able to get back to this topic. I have checked my spreadsheet on comics submitted and received, and I have noted 19 comics, spread over 10 different submissions that I have not received. All were submitted about a year ago. When you ask for the submission number, what do you mean? I do not see anything identified as a submission number do you mean the number on the packing slip that is preceded by "CGC"? As far as order number, I assume you mean the CGC Web order number that is on the packing slip that is sent back with returned comics? Also, I have tried searching by the CGC web order number, entering all ten digits but when the search comes back the last three numbers of the order number are missing. So, as an example, when I enter the CGC Web Order number from one of the packing slips I received with a returned comic, 3314607364 and hit enter, what I get back is "Submission #3314607" "Details not found". What am I doing wrong? The CGC web order number 3314607364 had ten comics that were submitted; 6 were modern - I have received those, 1 was standard - I received it, and 3 were economy - I have NOT received these three. Please help me in locating my missing comics or tell me how to find them in the database re status - scheduled for grading etc. Thanks. 

On 9/1/2022 at 1:57 PM, thehumantorch said:

Sorry, I don’t know what @MattM CS means. I clicked on it and got a bunch of your past posts but, I didn’t see anything there about my topic. If it’s there and I missed it please let me know. Thanks.

On 9/1/2022 at 3:18 PM, acmeman said:

Sorry, I don’t know what @MattM CS means. I clicked on it and got a bunch of your past posts but, I didn’t see anything there about my topic. If it’s there and I missed it please let me know. Thanks.

Putting @ in front of a boardie or a CGC employees name will draw their attention to this thread.

• Administrator

Hello! The submission numbers or invoice numbers are generated after the submission is received at our facility. I am going to direct message you to request the order numbers that you have so I can give you a better update on these. Thank you!

• Administrator
On 9/1/2022 at 1:47 PM, acmeman said:

Hello. sorry for the long delay. I have been in the process of moving for several months and was just able to get back to this topic. I have checked my spreadsheet on comics submitted and received, and I have noted 19 comics, spread over 10 different submissions that I have not received. All were submitted about a year ago. When you ask for the submission number, what do you mean? I do not see anything identified as a submission number do you mean the number on the packing slip that is preceded by "CGC"? As far as order number, I assume you mean the CGC Web order number that is on the packing slip that is sent back with returned comics? Also, I have tried searching by the CGC web order number, entering all ten digits but when the search comes back the last three numbers of the order number are missing. So, as an example, when I enter the CGC Web Order number from one of the packing slips I received with a returned comic, 3314607364 and hit enter, what I get back is "Submission #3314607" "Details not found". What am I doing wrong? The CGC web order number 3314607364 had ten comics that were submitted; 6 were modern - I have received those, 1 was standard - I received it, and 3 were economy - I have NOT received these three. Please help me in locating my missing comics or tell me how to find them in the database re status - scheduled for grading etc. Thanks. 

HELLO! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been attending a convention since last week for CGC. The submission number is generated when the submission is received at our office. This IS NOT the packing slip number that starts with CGC. The packing slip number can not be used to search for submissions after 8 months BUT the submission number can be used on your submission tracking page to find your submissions. Please find your submission numbers below. Our current estimated turnaround time for the economy tier is 223 business days. You will receive an email once these have shipped.