• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM1 & TOS39 Pence copies - GRADES ARE IN!
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Appreciate it guys. Figure do both here, not clutter up the place.

Stain on back of ASM is what it is. Overall, both books are very sound, structurally. Have already C&P'd them. The stains on the back of the TOS are not from the staples. Not sure what it is, so any ideas on that would be welcome. I do believe I've seen similar on another copy.

IMG_8972.JPG

IMG_8973.JPG

IMG_8974.JPG

IMG_8975.JPG

Edited by Hulksdaddy1

On 6/30/2022 at 4:34 PM, grendelbo said:

ASM 1 - 4.0/4.5

TOS 39 - 5.0/5.5

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks bud. Would love those grades!

Just wondering how much the staining hurts each. I feel like they might knock the ASM1 down to 3.5, and the TOS39 down to 4.0. CGC is "toight" right now with grading.

On 6/30/2022 at 6:55 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Thanks bud. Would love those grades!

Just wondering how much the staining hurts each. I feel like they might knock the ASM1 down to 3.5, and the TOS39 down to 4.0. CGC is "toight" right now with grading.

My (limited) experience, a lesser stain knocked a book that was clearly >9 otherwise all the way down to a 5.5. If they treat the rust from another book like an ink transfer, I can see it having less impact. I watched a CGC video recently that said ink rubs were treated more harshly that ink transfers, especially with older books where it was common for comics to be stack on top of on another without the benefit of bags/boards.