• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW POLL: To decide if we should add a rule to the Forum Marketplace
3 3

Poll to see if a new rule needs to be added to the Forum Marketplace  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should the rule listed below be added to the Marketplace area of the forum or is no new rule needed?

• Add a new rule that states all books listed for sale in the Forum Marketplace must be in the sellers possession.  The only exceptions would be for legitimate pre-orders, such as for signature series books.  Simply waiting for your graded books to arrive back from CGC does NOT qualify as a legitimate exception to this rule.
    • No new rule is needed to restrict sellers from listing books that are not in their possession. 

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/24/2022 at 02:00 PM

190 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2022 at 9:04 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I'm surprised nobody has volunteered yet to get this prize package locked down.  This is no empty offer.  I will for real pretend to like you for an entire month on the forum. 

Secretly.....I will probably be wishing you had transparent skin so I could hate each one of your guts individually. 

But PUBLICLY....I will be gushing over you like a 1990's schoolgirl that just got the latest Teen Beat magazine with Joey Lawrence on the cover.

4630ADB2-1DBE-4D0D-8203-005533AED106.jpeg.65c1fe3059e0d0641eb29303dc9b7014.jpeg.jpg

On 7/25/2022 at 1:31 PM, CGC Mike said:

How do people feel about a poll with 2 options?

If a book isn't in the sellers possession, it needs to be disclosed.  

No new rule needs to be added.

Do people think that no new poll is needed and no new rule needs to be added?

I think these are better option. It's seems unreasonable.  The poll would be a bit more straightforward. 

• Administrator

So, It's my feeling that many didn't vote because they didn't like the choices.  I think  more would have voted if there was a choice that said sellers must disclose if the book (s) they are selling are not in their possession.  Also, a lot of people feel that no more rules need to be added.  So, I will not be adding this to the list of rules.  

On 7/25/2022 at 10:37 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I get it every day....:cloud9:

The nude picture are not to be shared. (tsk)

They're only for paying members of "The FFF System". 

Which reminds me.....your credit card on file has expired.  

On 7/25/2022 at 11:44 PM, Domo Arigato said:

The nude picture are not to be shared. (tsk)

They're only for paying members of "The FFF System"

Hands off my system. I use it flatten comics and seduce cosplay girls!

On 7/25/2022 at 1:31 PM, CGC Mike said:

How do people feel about a poll with 2 options?

If a book isn't in the sellers possession, it needs to be disclosed.  

No new rule needs to be added.

Do people think that no new poll is needed and no new rule needs to be added?

Reading the last few pages, I find myself torn - those that say "it hasn't been a problem, so why add a rule?" make a good point. However, part of me says, "If it WOULD be a problem if it happened, why not keep it from happening with a pre-emptive rule?"

Hmmm.

Okay,

Pin on none of your concern, so shut your face

I like the poll with the two options you listed, as the "must disclose" is what I voted for the first time this came up.

Edited by ttfitz