• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW POLL: To decide if we should add a rule to the Forum Marketplace
3 3

Poll to see if a new rule needs to be added to the Forum Marketplace  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should the rule listed below be added to the Marketplace area of the forum or is no new rule needed?

• Add a new rule that states all books listed for sale in the Forum Marketplace must be in the sellers possession.  The only exceptions would be for legitimate pre-orders, such as for signature series books.  Simply waiting for your graded books to arrive back from CGC does NOT qualify as a legitimate exception to this rule.
    • No new rule is needed to restrict sellers from listing books that are not in their possession. 

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/24/2022 at 02:00 PM

190 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2022 at 4:58 AM, CGC Mike said:

I am leaning towards starting another poll asking is if sellers should disclose if they don't have the book in their possession, or is they do not have to disclose.

I am just not convinced that board members want a rule that is stated in this poll.  I feel that if the poll had a choice that I mentioned above, the results would have been different.  I will hold off for a while and see what people have to say.

With the entire might of Black Rock behind you, perhaps you could get an intern who could make coherent polls. 

I say for every new rule adopted, two must be dropped. No exceptions. In fact, to adopt this rule, two will need to be eliminated. 

Edited by shadroch

On 7/25/2022 at 7:58 AM, CGC Mike said:

I am leaning towards starting another poll asking is if sellers should disclose if they don't have the book in their possession, or is they do not have to disclose.

I am just not convinced that board members want a rule that is stated in this poll.  I feel that if the poll had a choice that I mentioned above, the results would have been different.  I will hold off for a while and see what people have to say.

:golfclap:

On 7/25/2022 at 9:10 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m amazed at the resistance to a rule that simply asks that sellers have the books they’re selling in their possession. :screwy:

The vocal minority have spoken ! ! ! :makepoint:

On 7/25/2022 at 7:10 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m amazed at the resistance to a rule that simply asks that sellers have the books they’re selling in their possession. :screwy:

We could make a rule that everyone must breathe at least once an hour, but is it needed?  I'm of the opinion we need less rules, not more. 

On 7/25/2022 at 9:17 AM, shadroch said:

We could make a rule that everyone must breathe at least once an hour, but is it needed?  I'm of the opinion we need less rules, not more. 

You were the first one to vote.....and I could have sworn it was one to zero in favor of adding the rule when I checked it.hm

On 7/25/2022 at 7:26 AM, Domo Arigato said:

You were the first one to vote.....and I could have sworn it was one to zero in favor of adding the rule when I checked it.hm

I was, and I made it public so my vote was known.  I don't always vote my personal opinion, sometimes you hold your nose and vote for whats best.  Believing that we need less rules doesn't mean there might not better rules we can adopt.

On 7/25/2022 at 10:34 AM, shadroch said:

I was, and I made it public so my vote was known.  I don't always vote my personal opinion, sometimes you hold your nose and vote for whats best.  Believing that we need less rules doesn't mean there might not better rules we can adopt.

6480EF74-94E6-4D2F-8BFF-50FF7787D89F.gif.8368aee22b228af66d5179d278c7f752.gif

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 7/25/2022 at 9:34 AM, shadroch said:

So, if we need less rules.....what's best would be to vote in an additional rule?

Now I understand why everyone always adds in a crack option. lol

On 7/25/2022 at 9:09 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Who's going to get the free month of fake forum friendship? 

I'm surprised nobody has volunteered yet to get this prize package locked down.  This is no empty offer.  I will for real pretend to like you for an entire month on the forum. 

Secretly.....I will probably be wishing you had transparent skin so I could hate each one of your guts individually. 

But PUBLICLY....I will be gushing over you like a 1990's schoolgirl that just got the latest Teen Beat magazine with Joey Lawrence on the cover.

On 7/25/2022 at 9:10 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I'm amazed we are discussing a rule where no issues have been reported because no rule exists for this.  
I did post if anybody has had any issues buying where the seller did not have the book in hand....So far no responses for a bad transaction.
...again.. a seller "SHOULD" disclose if book(s) are not in hand but to have a new rule for this is a bit much to me.....unless board members are having issues with this. 

• Administrator

How do people feel about a poll with 2 options?

If a book isn't in the sellers possession, it needs to be disclosed.  

No new rule needs to be added.

Do people think that no new poll is needed and no new rule needs to be added?

On 7/25/2022 at 12:31 PM, CGC Mike said:

I can only speak for myself and I prefer -  no new poll is needed and no new rule needs to be added?

On 7/25/2022 at 1:31 PM, CGC Mike said:

It's more or less already disclosed by sellers.  Like Roy says books shipped from cgc coming back a 7.0 here is the raw scan or the guys preselling ss/9.8 books.  Hey guys I will be picking up xyz variant from sdcc offering up 5 copies for $50 each, $150 9.8 or $200 9.8 SS. 

No new rule/poll is required.