• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW POLL: To decide if we should add a rule to the Forum Marketplace
3 3

Poll to see if a new rule needs to be added to the Forum Marketplace  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should the rule listed below be added to the Marketplace area of the forum or is no new rule needed?

• Add a new rule that states all books listed for sale in the Forum Marketplace must be in the sellers possession.  The only exceptions would be for legitimate pre-orders, such as for signature series books.  Simply waiting for your graded books to arrive back from CGC does NOT qualify as a legitimate exception to this rule.
    • No new rule is needed to restrict sellers from listing books that are not in their possession. 

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/24/2022 at 02:00 PM

190 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2022 at 11:38 AM, Domo Arigato said:

The like I gave to your post is just a small free sample of what could be yours.

I'm reaching for my credit card... 

On 7/21/2022 at 10:30 AM, musicmeta said:

Do we know how many buyers have had issues where the seller did not have the book(s) in hand when sold?

Iceman399 posed the same question and got no response. My guess is there was no response because a situation like that has rarely, if ever, been an issue here.

I voted no, but at the end of the day could go either way.  I feel like if this impacts one specific sales sub forum more than the others then set a rule for that sales forum.  I would have preferred as well to just require sellers to state whether or not the books were in hand or being sold on consignment and/or to be shipped from another source.

Sellers occasionally lose books. Sellers occasionally ship to the wrong address.  I know of a case where a seller sold a book here on a Friday, forgot it was in his show boxes and one of his workers sold it over the weekend.  Stuff happens.

I think its a great rule that you have books in hand before you advertise it,  but who is supposed to enforce it and how?  

On 7/22/2022 at 12:02 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

Horribly worded choices.

There's a simple fix for that. 

Vote it down.....step up.....and do a new poll yourself.

On 7/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, Domo Arigato said:

...many in here have their own idea of what "better" is....their ideas on how to do it better are all different...and they all think they're right.  

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 7/23/2022 at 7:35 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I think this poll should be void if there aren’t at least 100 participants :sumo:

And I think you should start its replacement. :celebration: