• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone help evaluate my collection at all (16 year old from Aus)

22 posts in this topic

Hi George, welcome from another Aussie! (Brisbane, but I'm currently away from home). You've got two immediate money books there with Amazing Spider-Man 300 and New Mutants #98. Unfortunately your graded prices will take a bit of a hit, because they've been done by Halo, not CGC. 

I'm not familar with HALO, and I suspect most US buyers won't buy a HALO slab for what they'd pay for a CGC or even a CBCS.  You have some nice books but I couldn't give you a decent estimate in US Dollars, let alone your currency.

On 7/22/2022 at 11:12 PM, shadroch said:

I'm not familar with HALO, and I suspect most US buyers won't buy a HALO slab for what they'd pay for a CGC or even a CBCS.  You have some nice books but I couldn't give you a decent estimate in US Dollars, let alone your currency.

They're Australia's native alternative to the American grading companies. Best I can say about them is their case is sturdy. 

On 7/22/2022 at 6:36 AM, Cat said:

They're Australia's native alternative to the American grading companies. Best I can say about them is their case is sturdy. 

Do HALO books go for the same as CGC in Australia? I've seen a couple advertised on ebay but never seen one in hand.  I don't think MCS accepts them for consignment.

On 7/22/2022 at 11:39 PM, shadroch said:

Do HALO books go for the same as CGC in Australia? I've seen a couple advertised on ebay but never seen one in hand.  I don't think MCS accepts them for consignment.

I know they go for less on average, but it's been awhile since I bothered checking their books. I just don't trust them in the first place. 

On 7/22/2022 at 11:51 PM, Cat said:

I know they go for less on average, but it's been awhile since I bothered checking their books. I just don't trust them in the first place. 

The guy who runs Halo was an overstreet advisor and has been personally recommended in the overstreet guide. They’re a small operation but a good one. You'll never get the same resale value, but for books for your PC, they're great, and from what I've experienced, their grading is tight. I'd go with them before PGX. 

Edited by Underground44

Whereabouts are you George? There are quite a few Aussies on here.

I have a couple of Halo slabs. They are the best slabs I've seen and I see nothing to quibble about on the books I own. That said, I don't view them as in the same class as CGC and discount the price I'd pay accordingly.

On 8/7/2022 at 5:37 AM, Ryan. said:

Aren't you supposed to be 18 to join the boards?

Finally someone said it

not sure what was blinding people more

the books 

the “Aussie” angle

I’d hate to think if there any others 

On 7/22/2022 at 9:23 PM, kav said:

Oh god I hope this isnt another drive by shouting thread.

Get off my lawn.

On 8/7/2022 at 7:17 PM, mysterymachine said:
On 8/7/2022 at 3:37 AM, Ryan. said:

Aren't you supposed to be 18 to join the boards?

Are 16 Aussie years equal to 18 American Years?

I met a 16 year old Aussie girl in college, and she was about 27. :blush: