• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Submission Fee Adjustment ASM 135 - New Update - Comic Received.. Holy Crap!!!!

19 posts in this topic

So I think I got very good news (fingers crossed) on one of my recent submissions that is now in quality control.  I got an e-mail from CGC to notify me they had moved one of my comics from the Standard Tier to Express tier and were charging me the difference.  Have many of you had this happen? Can you tell me about your experience?  Do they only adjust when there is a drastic difference or does it happen much when they think the value is closer like $1,050, are they going to bump me up?

The comic i had submitted was Amazing Spider-man 135.  I thought it was in very good condition and worth maybe 400-500 raw and was pretty surprised that it was bumped up.  

Thanks,

Justin

Edited by jg44

The most recent CGC 9.4 sales for Amazing Spider-Man #135 average under $900, so there's a good chance you got CGC 9.6 or higher since the Standard Tier has you covered up to $1,000.

The last CGC 9.6 sale was $2,000, and the average in the last twelve months was $1,150.

Edited by valiantman

On 7/23/2022 at 9:39 AM, valiantman said:

The most recent CGC 9.4 sales for Amazing Spider-Man #135 average under $900, so there's a good chance you got CGC 9.6 or higher since the Standard Tier has you covered up to $1,000.

The last CGC 9.6 sale was $2,000, and the average in the last twelve months was $1,150.

Thanks Valiantman!  I appreciate the data.  

On 7/23/2022 at 12:12 PM, Stefan_W said:

When this happens are the books that are bumped up shipped separately, or are they still kept together with the original order?

On 7/23/2022 at 1:56 PM, Motor City Rob said:

That is a good question. I have never had that happen to me, but I will assume that it will ship as a separate tier.

Agree, great question! I'm confident they'll at least take the extra $5...

On 7/23/2022 at 12:11 PM, Courageous Cat said:

good news for who...CGC? Or you

Clearly CGC :ohnoez:

Lol.  I guess for both of us. ]

I presume it will ship together with my standard submission, it was 8 books.  Did not get any notification from CGC until after status had gone into Quality Control.  

I was just interested to see how common or uncommon this was.  I am pretty much a newb to CGC/grading.

On 7/23/2022 at 4:45 PM, jg44 said:

Lol.  I guess for both of us. ]

I presume it will ship together with my standard submission, it was 8 books.  Did not get any notification from CGC until after status had gone into Quality Control.  

I was just interested to see how common or uncommon this was.  I am pretty much a newb to CGC/grading.

not sure how common, but I've only maybe 50 GA subs in the past and haven't been flagged yet :shiftyeyes:

Of course, that being said, It'll probably happen to me now

On 7/23/2022 at 4:50 PM, Stefan_W said:

I would be thrilled to have to pay extra money because my books ended up being too valuable for the tier. I actually dream of this scenario. 

Yeah it’s the one time I think most people would be happy for a increase in charges lol 

On 8/2/2022 at 9:04 PM, jg44 said:

So I just got my shipment and it got a 9.8!!!!   Very excited.  They could have upcharged more but only charged me for EX.    Stoked!!   

IMG_8373 copy.jpg

^^

Love it 💕

On 7/23/2022 at 8:19 PM, Krismusic said:

Yeah it’s the one time I think most people would be happy for a increase in charges lol 

Just got an email about an adjustment today. ASM 194 got bumped to Walkthrough. I have 2 other books in the submission. Did we get an answer as to whether all books in the original submission will be shipped together?

cb

On 8/2/2022 at 9:04 PM, jg44 said:

So I just got my shipment and it got a 9.8!!!!   Very excited.  They could have upcharged more but only charged me for EX.    Stoked!!   

IMG_8373 copy.jpg

I didn't want to jinx you by specifically saying 9.8... :foryou:

On 7/23/2022 at 11:39 AM, valiantman said:

there's a good chance you got CGC 9.6 or higher

On 8/5/2022 at 8:34 AM, cbudzan said:

Just got an email about an adjustment today. ASM 194 got bumped to Walkthrough. I have 2 other books in the submission. Did we get an answer as to whether all books in the original submission will be shipped together?

cb

Nice!!   All the books ended up being sent back together.  I did not get the notice about the adjustment until after pressing. The notice came to me after grading.  Good luck!!!

On 8/5/2022 at 8:59 AM, valiantman said:

I didn't want to jinx you by specifically saying 9.8... :foryou:

THank you so much.  You have good JUJU and good luck coming your way!!!!!    :)

Now I just need to decide when to sell this.  I can use the money but figure I should wait a while until things heat back up.   THen the decision between where to sell...lol.