• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS 5 - TITLE TBD (TBD)
8 8

365 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2024 at 2:18 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Yup I thought that the Kang version in Loki could not be more boring, time to side step this character and cut their losses. A Masters of Evil plot line or Olympus battle with Zeus would be great but they would have to bring back Cap and Thor to make this work. Even a Bronze Age classic Nefaria story arc (incorporate Wonder Man) would be awesome. 

They should step back, get FF and X-Men done right, then revisit the  Avengers.

On 3/18/2024 at 9:19 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

They need to scrap this. It's pretty simple to me...

FF movie. Silver Surfer movie. Doom movie. X-Men movie.

Then the heroes are forced to team up with Doom to save Earth against the threat of Galactus.

Doom saves the day in the end when the heroes are defeated.

I think Marvel's problem is that they have to keep generating revenue and all those ideas are years out. They've got all these craptastic corners they've painted themselves into like killing off Black Widow, introducing Agatha Harkness that has all the appeal of a substitute math teacher, a over-arcing movie villain that is painfully boring, saddling themselves with awkward political stances in their movies, and taking characters with lots of stories to tell and shoehorning them into movies with other characters, diluting their appeal and effectiveness.

Couple that with the fact it takes years to put together these CGI movie fests and now Marvel's real problems are pretty obvious. They've taken this universe that was filled with box-office money munchers to having absolutely no direction to go.

It's a bit staggering to sit back and see what kind of mess they are in - and how nigh-impossible it will be to get out of it.

On 3/20/2024 at 9:10 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I think Marvel's problem is that they have to keep generating revenue and all those ideas are years out. They've got all these craptastic corners they've painted themselves into like killing off Black Widow, introducing Agatha Harkness that has all the appeal of a substitute math teacher, a over-arcing movie villain that is painfully boring, saddling themselves with awkward political stances in their movies, and taking characters with lots of stories to tell and shoehorning them into movies with other characters, diluting their appeal and effectiveness.

Couple that with the fact it takes years to put together these CGI movie fests and now Marvel's real problems are pretty obvious. They've taken this universe that was filled with box-office money munchers to having absolutely no direction to go.

It's a bit staggering to sit back and see what kind of mess they are in - and how nigh-impossible it will be to get out of it.

Unfortunately you may be 100% right about this. 

On 3/20/2024 at 10:37 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Unfortunately you may be 100% right about this. 

In Marvel's defense, there's lots of opinions on what they are doing wrong - and fans can't help registering their opinion. It's not like they are posting the same numbers they were years ago. It's an easy defense for "insiders" to say that comic book movies are too over-exposed now, but that also comes from the lack of quality in those movies. The hype would still be going strong if these movies were as thought-out as the previous ones.

I'll even go so far to say that they have an uphill battle after the Infinity saga because they are basically starting from scratch on the storyline - but that shouldn't mean that every project can't meet expectations. Marvel has changed their movie vibe as the world has changed it's vibe - but when you have a succession of failures, it's hard to ignore. I mean, the people involved in these movies are supposed to be the best in the business. No one is perfect, but there is a failure somewhere up the chain if this is what they are continually putting out.

It's easy to sit back and criticize, that comes with the territory in any business - but at some point, the criticism becomes valid when everything being put out has such monumental problems. Couple that with corporate politics, massive kickbacks and bonuses, golden parachutes, etc - it becomes really difficult to start over and rebuild. With the prospect of so many people losing serious money and power over a large-scale revamp, they've conceded to minor concessions with shifts in management - like CEOs getting fired, etc. I don't think those small adjustments can fix the problem.