• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS 5 - TITLE TBD (TBD)
8 8

365 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2022 at 7:38 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Any off thread posts, hit notify and let them go back to their little hole in the wall 

Its good to know I'm not singling people out and bullying them

You know, like I get accused of with practically every post I've made since 2013

On 7/24/2022 at 8:40 AM, The Meta said:

You know, like I get accused of with practically every post I've made since 2013

I’m just reminding people what is in their right to keep threads on track 

I’m the opposite; never much liked any Kang story I read over the years; he’s the most overrated “big” Marvel villain, in the actual funny books, IMHO. But but but he could be entirely different in the hands of the MCU, and for me there is nowhere to go but up with him, so I have no reason to not be optimistic if I set my notions of him as a comics character aside. (Kinda neat that it’s reasonable to do that with a movie based on comics, as he could well be very different.)

Now, just in case my loooongshot prediction comes true, so I can say ya heard it here first….I know it’s slim chances, but I cannot shake the feeling that we are gonna get the Marvel western heroes in a brief scene, a la the Avengers #142 story, within whatever greater story they tell. And I keep thinking it results in a Hawkeye/Two-Gun Kid Disney+ show. Crazy longshot but I’m putting it out there because I can’t shake the idea, though it’s probably not worth 2c

On 7/24/2022 at 4:40 PM, The Meta said:

So that private message you sent telling me to gargle with broken glass didn’t happen?  

:insane:

On 7/24/2022 at 10:29 AM, ▫️ said:

So that private message you sent telling me to gargle with broken glass didn’t happen?  

This sounds like me but I don't remember sending it

On 7/24/2022 at 11:29 AM, ▫️ said:

Can you take the discussion BACK to PM please?

On 7/24/2022 at 10:24 AM, Readcomix said:

I’m the opposite; never much liked any Kang story I read over the years; he’s the most overrated “big” Marvel villain, in the actual funny books, IMHO. But but but he could be entirely different in the hands of the MCU, and for me there is nowhere to go but up with him, so I have no reason to not be optimistic if I set my notions of him as a comics character aside. (Kinda neat that it’s reasonable to do that with a movie based on comics, as he could well be very different.)

Now, just in case my loooongshot prediction comes true, so I can say ya heard it here first….I know it’s slim chances, but I cannot shake the feeling that we are gonna get the Marvel western heroes in a brief scene, a la the Avengers #142 story, within whatever greater story they tell. And I keep thinking it results in a Hawkeye/Two-Gun Kid Disney+ show. Crazy longshot but I’m putting it out there because I can’t shake the idea, though it’s probably not worth 2c

I enjoyed the epic story in the mid 1970's of Kang and the Unliving Legion against the Avengers in issues 129-132 and Giant-size #2 and #3.

avengers-129-very-high-grade.jpg

aavengers-131-fnvf-front-cover.jpg

Avengers 132.jpg

GS Avengers 2.jpg

GS Avengers 3.jpg

On 7/24/2022 at 12:24 PM, Readcomix said:

I think the only two stories that made me take him to be an interesting threat: The first being The Kang War, as after nuking the states the heroes have to reluctantly sign an admission of surrender/defeat and overall was pretty efficient at conquering the entire earth. The second, which I enjoyed more, was his appearance in the Heroic Age issues (The Avengers Vol. 4 #1–6). It was a smaller role, but I enjoyed him using future Stark tech, manipulating others, and basically breaking all of space/time resulting in lots of visually cool shenanigans.

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 7/24/2022 at 3:13 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I think the only two stories that made me take him to be an interesting threat: The first being The Kang War, as after nuking the states the heroes have to reluctantly sign an admission of surrender/defeat and overall was pretty efficient at conquering the entire earth. The second, which I enjoyed more, was his appearance in the Heroic Age issues (The Avengers Vol. 4 #1–6). It was a smaller role, but I enjoyed him using future Stark tech, manipulating others, and basically breaking all of space/time resulting in lots of visually cool shenanigans.

There is so much they can do for this.

Btw, who will be in the Avengers 2025?  Spider-man, New Captain America, Marvel, Shang Chi, Hulk? 

On 7/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, WolverineX said:

There is so much they can do for this.

Btw, who will be in the Avengers 2025?  Spider-man, New Captain America, Marvel, Shang Chi, Hulk? 

They really do have lots of options (going big with armies or just himself, many time/places set pieces, heroes of different eras etc), so that is a positive for Kang I'm happy for.

As for Avengers...same answer, they could use ANYONE thanks to the time-travelling factor. Don't think for a moment Disney hasn't considered the idea of bringing back some of the original Avengers in some regard (maybe use an older Iron Man like in the Heroic Age).

On 7/24/2022 at 4:16 PM, Sauce Dog said:

They really do have lots of options (going big with armies or just himself, many time/places set pieces, heroes of different eras etc), so that is a positive for Kang I'm happy for.

As for Avengers...same answer, they could use ANYONE thanks to the time-travelling factor. Don't think for a moment Disney hasn't considered the idea of bringing back some of the original Avengers in some regard (maybe use an older Iron Man like in the Heroic Age).

That's true. I assume Spider-man, captain Marvel and Dr. Strange will be helming this ship this round.   I can't wait to see Spidey in Secret Wars.    Holland is going to grow old by the end of this or they will phase him out to Miles

On 7/24/2022 at 8:11 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Just give me all the Kang, all the time, and I'll be happy with any phase of MCU :D

As a lifelong Marvel Zombie Kang just never did it for me. The whole time travelling conqueror thing made confusing with Rama Tut was about as interesting as Ultron....bunch of robots flying around. At least James Spader brought a little to the role, hopefully Jonathan Majors does the same.