• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS: DOOMSDAY directed by the Russo brothers (2026)
11 11

472 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2024 at 9:14 AM, TupennyConan said:
On 7/28/2024 at 10:49 AM, KingOfRulers said:

I like this move from Disney!

RDJ's charisma dominated the MCU. ENDGAME concluded the MCU's tale: the Iron Man tale. The MCU was Iron Man's tale. This irritated me. The elevation of Stark over all else irritated me. I've been anti-MCU Stark a long time.

I was wrong. Post-ENDGAME, I can see the dramatic wisdom of allowing RDJ to be the MCU cynosure. I can see how much the MCU needs him.

I consider DOOM Marvel's greatest villian. This casting is brilliant.

I hope Pedro's charisma can compete with RDJ. If so, Disney will do its suffering shareholders a favor. 

On 7/31/2024 at 6:54 PM, MAR1979 said:

As I ask each time this occurs whats the over/under?  :)

My bans are always a reflection of the people trolling me and not my post content. 

How about we just stick to the topic at hand? Thanks. 

On 7/30/2024 at 5:52 PM, TupennyConan said:

Say what you want!

I'll never give up my hatred for STARK nor my love for DOOM!

It's ironic that it took a white, male, chauvinistic, narcissistic, successful billionaire to make Marvel the monster success it was. Everything people say they hate, but they spent record dollars loving it. 

It's one of the greatest, if not THE greatest success stories in Movie history, turning a small to medium sized comic book character into the central figure of a massive franchise, spawning dozens of movies and billion$ in profits, and creating an entire new entertainment genre with a worldwide cult following.

That they're apparently turning to the exact same formula for success again speaks volumes and if that doesn't put everything into perspective, nothing will. Regardless of what Disney says with it's words, it's doing the opposite with it's actions. 

Just portraying Doom as an inverted counterpoint to the old Stark is enough to create a villain with depth and breadth to fuel another run of over a dozen movies. It's a stroke of genius. 

And if you can't see how Galactus and Doom can be worked into Secret Wars, you haven't read enough comic books. 

Bring on the gnashing of teeth. 

Edited by VintageComics

I have no problem with RDJ as Dr. Doom.  He is a brilliant actor who can play multiple different roles and is a contrast to him as Iron Man.  I think this is what is needed for the MCU to spark up the interest once again since Endgame.  Russo Brothers are back at the helm, RDJ is back, Hugh Jackman, etc. are what people will pay to see in the theatres.  I have full faith in the decisions and the script for the next two Avengers movies, it's going to be bad*ss!  

I'm also now even more excited about the FF movie coming soon with Pedro Pascal as Mr. Fantastic.  Another brilliant actor who can do it all.  This new movie will certainly revive the FF franchise.  2025 and 2026 will be a time to be a Marvel movie fan again.  I can't wait!

Interesting ... just saw this... so i am cutting and pasting it here. 

According to the Russo Brothers, Victor Von Doom's Universe features an alternative version of Tony Stark (portrayed by a highly acclaimed actor).  (Tom Cruise)

Victor defeats his Universe's Tony Stark and travels to Earth-616 through a secret portal located at Kamar-Taj.

The portal for multiversal travel, situated at Kamar-Taj, will be explored further in #DoctorStrange3.

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/1/2024 at 12:21 AM, VintageComics said:

Bring on the gnashing of teeth. 

On 7/31/2024 at 3:27 AM, TupennyConan said:

This is what women have been demanding of Disney: the chance to destroy cool stuff in the name of all women & to pizz everyone off in the name of women's representation.

Moms throwing out baseball card and comic collections - it's the same thing all over again!

On 7/31/2024 at 8:42 PM, Dark Knight said:

I have no problem with RDJ as Dr. Doom.  He is a brilliant actor who can play multiple different roles and is a contrast to him as Iron Man.  I think this is what is needed for the MCU to spark up the interest once again since Endgame.  Russo Brothers are back at the helm, RDJ is back, Hugh Jackman, etc. are what people will pay to see in the theatres.  I have full faith in the decisions and the script for the next two Avengers movies, it's going to be bad*ss! 

I imagine a huge amount of people reject the idea, but I think that RDJ is going to purposefully bring something that is not Stark-derivative to the Doom role. I'll admit - might be a bit naive to think that far into the clouds - but that's what I think his plan is. It's not like RDJ is my buddy or anything, but I can't imagine this guy - regardless of money in the bank account - who plows the road he did in his career only to phone it in or make a lackluster effort at doing something unique with the opportunity he has. I believe that he believes he's going to be doing something very different. I'll take his side in that vision, and see what happens.

I'm sure we will see plenty of surprises leading up to Secret Wars.  We think that we have it all figured out and know what's to come...  But, knowing how Disney/Marvel works when it comes down to making their movies, we're in for some big surprises I think.

On 8/1/2024 at 5:56 PM, Dark Knight said:

I'm sure we will see plenty of surprises leading up to Secret Wars.  We think that we have it all figured out and know what's to come...  But, knowing how Disney/Marvel works when it comes down to making their movies, we're in for some big surprises I think.

Hickman’s Avengers and Secret Wars saga was great, but it will be interesting to see if they can, out of budgetary necessity, scale it down while not making a confusing mess of it. Hope it works if they go full in this direction.