• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recognition of Dell price and back cover variants

3 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of preparing to submit quite a number of Dell series comics. I have a number of them which are regional price variants (15¢ and 30¢ Giants). I also have a few with the rare "Now 10¢" price variant label. These were special printed copies in the price test regions that were overprinted as the price was being reduced back down to 10¢ after over a year at 15¢. Finally, I have a few of the regional priced Giants which are 30¢ instead of the usual 25¢.

My question to CGC is: which of these will you properly indicated on the CGC slab label:

- 15¢ regional price variant

- 30¢ regional price variant (for appropriate Giants)

- "Now 10¢" regional price variant (granted the price is the same but the extra labelling is rare)

- Non-ad back cover variant (these are in fact identified in Overstreet)

Details: http://dellcomicfan.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-late1950s-dell-published-several.html

Note: I originally posted this question here: 

• Administrator

Hello @MemorezGuy1

Any variant designations are made at the discretion of the grading team. We would suggest when submitting these books to make ample notes supporting each of the different variants so our grading team can review these. Regarding different Dell Price Variants specifically, we do recognize these on the labels but we would still suggest adding notes to your packing slip and sticky notes on each of the books to be reviewed for that specific variant of these books. Let us know if you have any other questions.