• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ReHolder Service Clarification

10 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello!

Reholder services remove the book from its hard outer case AND the soft inner well. The book then is encapsulated in a new sleeve and new case with a freshly printed label. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 7/28/2022 at 8:37 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello!

Reholder services remove the book from its hard outer case AND the soft inner well. The book then is encapsulated in a new sleeve and new case with a freshly printed label. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

I have a follow-up, yes:

Is there a way to request ONLY an outer holder swap without removal of the book from the heat seal, and what is the cost for that service? 

• Administrator
On 7/28/2022 at 2:56 PM, KirbyTown said:

I have a follow-up, yes:

Is there a way to request ONLY an outer holder swap without removal of the book from the heat seal, and what is the cost for that service? 

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not a service we offer. If a book is sent in for a re-holder service, it is removed completely from its previous encapsulation. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 7/29/2022 at 9:24 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not a service we offer. If a book is sent in for a re-holder service, it is removed completely from its previous encapsulation. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

If the comic is damaged during the ReHoldering process, is it regraded at no charge and would that extend the turnaround time?

Thanks,

• Administrator

Hello Kirby,

If a book is damaged during this process, we would regrade the book at no charge and then send it through encapsulation. This generally only extends the turnaround time by 1-2 business days.  

On 8/5/2022 at 4:47 PM, jkwells83 said:

How do I Reholder books from PGX and CBCS? I have a PGX graded Fantastic Four 48 and prefer your opinion. Thanks

They're going to re grade it.  They're  not going to simply honor the PGX /CBCS grade and reholder it

I currently have a 9.8 and will soon have it signed at a signing event. I see tears at the top of the book and afraid it will be downgraded after opening it for signature.  Because the book has already been graded 9.8 does it keep the grade after it is opened and signed.  Is the book regraded after signature or does it keep its original grade.

On 1/20/2023 at 4:10 PM, metlic2020 said:

I currently have a 9.8 and will soon have it signed at a signing event. I see tears at the top of the book and afraid it will be downgraded after opening it for signature.  Because the book has already been graded 9.8 does it keep the grade after it is opened and signed.  Is the book regraded after signature or does it keep its original grade.

Because the book is being removed from its holder and handled while being signed, it’s going to be regraded.  Recently I submitted 6 graded books for the Todd McFarlane signing.  I had them all CCS pressed and they all held their original grade. But unfortunately I’ve read some horror stories as well.  I would definitely recommend having your book CCS pressed afterwards but it is not going to help with the tears at the top of the book. Pressing will help to get rid of any finger impressions added during signing.