• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen stan lee signed comic and more
4 4

41 posts in this topic

I thought thses comic books were lost and gone, but then I found that they were being auctioned off I’ve already reported to the police and have had them flagged as stolen, If you happen to own these comic books please return them back to the original auction company you purchased them from, do not buy if you see them online being sold, there is a police report on this item, I have not told the auction house the correct information as I am letting this be handled by the police, These comics will be red flagged a stolen, I have talk to a police officer if anybody would like the number of the police officer I will not be providing the information on here as like I said I am only allowing this to be handled by the police, I noticed that this webpage changed when I posted this as I think that the auction house is deceiving people and I believe they know that this items were stolen as I can prove receipts and I can also prove that these comics were in my position in New Jersey which is where the items were stolenhttps://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/126921893_spider-geddon-0-cgc-graded-98-signed

0111DA8C-157B-449F-89EB-23EE29CBB87A.png

2A613698-19AD-45DE-B28F-CD732A66B244.png

0BF0BA11-61DD-4626-A953-73A68BD016A2.png

Edited by RawVegan Justin
Adding more stolen items

i hope you get your comics back.  But you could also consider sharing a bit more about the theft that speaks more to what the thread is about.  That might help you get your views and increase your odds of a positive result.

I don't know if people will be so eager to claim that they have purchased stolen goods with without a bit more context.

Edited by revat

On 7/29/2022 at 2:10 PM, RawVegan Justin said:

It was stolen and wall New Jersey and it was auctioned off in New Brunswick’s New JerseyIt was stolen and wall New Jersey and it was auctioned off in New Brunswick’s New Jersey

Um, maybe try again?  With a little more grammar?

I'm so sorry your books were stolen.  That totally sucks.  But it sounds hopeful, that you've tracked them down!  Please update as to how it resolves.  Fingers crossed for ya!!

On 7/29/2022 at 11:11 AM, RawVegan Justin said:

2AFCF1D6-EE9C-4440-9412-239ECC40AD5E.jpeg

D0F3DC7E-F8C4-442C-A330-269DF153D495.png

DEDF1E9C-BC33-417F-8982-7C33FA323754.png

So books AND comics were stolen?

Think of what document and narration you would need to file a complaint to an auction house that you ARE ACCUSING OF SELLING YOU STOLEN GOODS.

please provide AT MINIMUM that info here.

please help the people help you

also, hopefully you are going through the police on your end as well

Edited by revat

I am not given the live auction company any information, as I do not trust MaureenB, but the police are definitely involved in this case, I will trust the justice system as if anyone does see these comic books being sold or any of the custom figures please let me know

On 8/2/2022 at 11:29 PM, RawVegan Justin said:

I am not given the live auction company any information, as I do not trust MaureenB, but the police are definitely involved in this case, I will trust the justice system as if anyone does see these comic books being sold or any of the custom figures please let me know

Which precinct did you allegedly report this to?

For those interested: The auction house in question has a 4.6-star rating (out of 5), and most of the lower ratings consist of, "not sure of its authenticity" or, "shipping prices are ridiculous". So, the auction house appears legitimate. I would take the OP's words with a grain of salt until he divulges additional information.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:29 PM, RawVegan Justin said:

If this happened as you say, I would understand you not trusting the auction house.  But in your first post you are advocating for a return of allegedly stolen items to the auction house.  Wouldn't it make more sense for the good-faith customer to hold onto the items and contact whichever police dept you're working with?  The allegedly untrustworthy auctioneer could either resell the items or destroy evidence (if any existed) if it were returned.

Additionally, it would make sense to ask the public for help in potentially gathering more information about the crime, and you'd think you'd at least provided a general time frame and location for the theft to the public.  You haven't done that.

Understandably, it stinks getting your stuff stolen and not everyone acts ultra logically when that happens, but as I stated previously, if you want help you're going to have to help people help you.

At minimum, that's a brief narrative of how they were stolen including general date and location, possibly some proof you ever owned the stolen items, and a police complaint # (preferably with contact info for the police). 

Otherwise I guess you just let the police do their thing and good luck, I can't see you getting any help here.

It's been my experience that the only help you will get from police is the police report so you can file for insurance reasons...they have much more pressing crimes to investigate/prosecute and they are usually way too busy to follow up on reports.  Your best bet was to develop a respectful relationship with the auction house to advance the return of the items.

On 8/3/2022 at 1:01 PM, Ed Hanes said:

It's been my experience that the only help you will get from police is the police report so you can file for insurance reasons...they have much more pressing crimes to investigate/prosecute and they are usually way too busy to follow up on reports.  Your best bet was to develop a respectful relationship with the auction house to advance the return of the items.

Yeah that’s very true I know that sharing all the information will just be kind of pointless to the police, I can provide receipts proof of ownership, and previous original owner ship can attest that these items are mine, The officer told me that these items were going to be red flagged, To me that’s pretty for good me, I just wanna make sure that these comics/items are clearly my items and will always be my comic/items

On 8/3/2022 at 2:46 PM, RawVegan Justin said:

The officer told me that these items were going to be red flagged

What does this mean in this context? Red Flagged where and by whom?

On 8/3/2022 at 5:32 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

For those interested: The auction house in question has a 4.6-star rating (out of 5), and most of the lower ratings consist of, "not sure of its authenticity" or, "shipping prices are ridiculous". So, the auction house appears legitimate. I would take the OP's words with a grain of salt until he divulges additional information.

Seems to me that providing verification of a police report should be prerequisite for using social media to accuse the auction house of criminal activity.  

Edited by Nick Furious

If these were stolen from you, I'm really sorry. But I'm also really confused.

Your first post said you were only allowing the police to handle this. If so, why post here and tell people to return them to the auction house?

If you believe the auction house is complicit, why do you want people to return them to the auction house?

If you want the police to handle everything, why do you not want to share the police info if people have the books?

What the heck is a "red flag"??