• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can’t decide between FF 52 and ASM 129 for next purchase, advice please
1 1

17 posts in this topic

I mainly collect Spidey and Fantastic Four, both of these have been on my radar for a while.  

I THINK the price on FF 52 is stable for a while, but rumors that there will be a Bernthal announcement at D23 are starting to pop up.

Ignoring the rumors, and pretending both books are on a stable price trajectory, which would you add to your collection first?

Grade I will be going for will be 5.0 - 7.0 for either.

i didn't realize that was just a rumor and not a legit announcement. since they have confirmed revamping DD with charlie cox, it seems likely that punisher will also be coming to the mcu sooner or later in that world. 

both books introduce major characters. both books have room to grow again once the economy is on the mend. BP is already a long term proven marvel interest with several feature film appearances including his own. chadwick boseman's untimely passing might affect the value of that book for awhile, especially if they make BP a woman going forward. the first BP movie was a giant success and drew an audience that included many people who do not normally follow the mcu which is exactly what disney aims for. punisher is more speculative since he has not appeared in a marvel movie yet. but it's just a matter of time. and he's one of the most popular characters from the bronze age in the mcu. 

i don't think there is a clear choice. both are great books and should be sound long term investments. i'd get the one that is more exciting for you. 

On 7/31/2022 at 10:36 AM, pickycollector said:

Buy the character you like the most, that way you cannot be wrong.

Agree with picky. Buy what you like. These are common books. The one you don’t get will always be available in the grade you want.

On 7/31/2022 at 12:19 PM, Cushing Fan said:

Both are great books - just go with the character you like more.

+1

If you're purely buying it for the "key" aspect rather than "favorite character" aspect, I prefer the resale-ability of ASM 129, I personally feel that the cover art is slightly more iconic than the FF52. I am biased, though - I'm a huge Punisher fan.

On 8/1/2022 at 8:59 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Can a movie really "immortalize" something if only 50 people saw it?

Lol sure it can to those 50 people haha