• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Announces QR Codes on Labels and Free Grader Notes for All
4 4

18 posts in this topic

Just got this announcement.  Says "Free Grader Notes for All".  https://cgccomics.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7fdf5b45871a284d65d24d11a&id=c79f4c5f4d&e=adadd59fcb

Grader Notes just recently became available for free to those with paid memberships.  Now everyone???

I was a bit skeptical, so I signed out and checked a book that I know has grader notes.  The resulting page did in fact show the Grader Notes, looked the same as if I was signed in.

Seems I am late to this party, but I never saw the  @CGC Mike announcement somehow. 

My last recollection was that grader notes had only recently become free to paid members, no longer charging for notes on books that you personally didn't submit.  Notes on your own submissions have always been free.

Then today I got the August newsletter, saying the notes are free for anyone, not just paid members.  I thought that was a step up.  I guess the announcement couldn't make the July newsletter, so it is in the August version.

• Administrator
On 8/1/2022 at 2:22 PM, Lightning55 said:

Seems I am late to this party, but I never saw the  @CGC Mike announcement somehow. 

hm  I am not sure why you didn't receive this. It was announced in early July.

On 8/1/2022 at 2:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I knew I wasn't losing my mind hahaha

Wake up! It's yesterday lol:cheers: jk :sumo: 

lol, what ?

How is the coverless 9.8 HR #1 the selected image?

Seems like they'd rather not remind people of that fiasco.

Coverless High Republic.png

Emphasis on the word “whenever” below. Would have loved a requirement of Grader Notes for all submissions graded below 9.8. Yah, Yah! I know I’m going to hear from the peanut gallery but I like to be optimistic. 

“Whenever a comic book has Grader Notes, CGC is making them available for free because they are a valuable part of the grading process that provide more information about CGC-certified comic books.”

On 8/5/2022 at 8:37 PM, Upgrayedd2 said:

Emphasis on the word “whenever” below. Would have loved a requirement of Grader Notes for all submissions graded below 9.8. Yah, Yah! I know I’m going to hear from the peanut gallery but I like to be optimistic. 

“Whenever a comic book has Grader Notes, CGC is making them available for free because they are a valuable part of the grading process that provide more information about CGC-certified comic books.”

I totally agree, but why offer a service that is completely useless for 95% of the  CGC's census?

On 8/11/2022 at 8:03 PM, ak47po said:

I totally agree, but why offer a service that is completely useless for 95% of the  CGC's census?

I'll tell you why...

"Well that is better, better, better, you bet :x  "

"Great change.  No complaints at all. "

"Fantastic news! "

"This is a good step. "

"Finally! This is awesome news! "

"Thank you! Really positive news! "

and so on and so on

They get pats on the back for doing next to nothing.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:24 PM, Gaard said:

I'll tell you why...

"Well that is better, better, better, you bet :x  "

"Great change.  No complaints at all. "

"Fantastic news! "

"This is a good step. "

"Finally! This is awesome news! "

"Thank you! Really positive news! "

and so on and so on

They get pats on the back for doing next to nothing.

That's a low blow to those whom don't know about it yet, that they'd be less prevalent, wasnt the case at the time (thumbsu

Hence the new feedback you're receiving  :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/12/2022 at 4:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's a cheap shot to those whom didnt know they'd be less prevalent, wasnt the case at the time (thumbsu

Hence the new feedback you're receiving  :cheers:

The shot at cgc I dont mind, just context.

I haven't got a submission back without Notes since this announcement so jury is still out, although forecast doesnt look good :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/13/2022 at 12:52 PM, KirbyTown said:

I've heard of this kind of thing going on somewhere; can't remember the name of the company, sorry 🤷‍♂️

We're in a thread devoted to how CGC implemented practices that were practiced by this other company since the birth of Christ. There's always hope.