• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tell me you’re middle-aged, without telling me your middle-aged…
2 2

159 posts in this topic

Buy this one (this actual copy) at Kleise's Delicatessen off the spinner rack and I'm outraged at the backhanded way they raised prices from 15 cents to 20 cents (via the double-size issue for one month ploy).  Pedaling the bicycle back home, I vow that if they raise prices just one more time, I'm giving up comics forever...

103.jpg

On 8/22/2022 at 7:18 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

One of these days I'm going to get around to pasting my green stamps into a book so I can send away for that set of TV trays.

My mom saved those. At Christmas we were handed the catalog and told to pick out what we wanted. Problem was, they never had the cool, current toys.

One year I wanted the Man from UNCLE gun and it wasn’t in there. My dad was cool though. He went out and bought it for me…:banana:

On 8/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, Robot Man said:

One year I wanted the Man from UNCLE gun and it wasn’t in there. My dad was cool though. He went out and bought it for me…:banana:

That big UNCLE gun is my friend Jeff’s most wanted collectible. I’ve been hearing about it for decades. 

On 8/23/2022 at 7:04 PM, Jayman said:

This is a GI Joe! :cloud9:

193C0FE1-37F3-4566-8E12-470FA50273C9.jpeg.0c69071e9e7ef294452c40bbdee4fa17.jpeg

Not this! :sumo:

34FA7BAA-BD10-44BE-B41B-5834B412EC3E.webp.294ce421288e968131b688a7a6cdcb4a.webp

Got that for Christmas one year. Took it over to my buddy Larry’s house. Only to see he got it too also the enemy Joes, the Jeep, just about everything including the nurse! He was an only child and spoiled. But cool. I wanted to throw mine in the bushes on the way home…