• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2022 at 11:42 AM, ygogolak said:

Graded? Most are raw.

I think the discussion in this thread is in regards to the graded books?

On 8/10/2022 at 12:08 PM, october said:

No it isn't. ???

This is still the best place to talk about comics, and I still like comics. 

Beyond that, CGC was a company I really liked and used regularly, and it that provided a great service. I keep hoping they will change direction, but that hope is getting dimmer with each successive year. 

Yes...I really like the grading thread and the contests...but have not subbed in a year or so.

On 8/10/2022 at 12:43 PM, ygogolak said:

So, by your logic, the sellers are aware of the issues but the buyers are completely oblivious. Does this seem legit?

None, some, or all may be oblivious.  Quantity of obliviousness doesn't matter, the original sources knew it was a scam.  Let the original sources now bear the responsibility of making it right.

On 8/10/2022 at 1:35 PM, Dr. Balls said:

The third option is that they knew it was wrong and thought the damage to their brand could survive in relation to the profit potential from it. That's pretty much how (large) corporate philosophy works.

Fourth option, which is what I think it is and also makes the “stick to our guns” approach concerning/puzzling, is that CGC is under pressure to turn profits now.  This can sometimes result in moving too fast/making poor judgements.

However, you’d think the response to the initial problem would have been better thought out than decision that led to the problem.