• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2022 at 2:02 PM, justafan said:

No, I think that should be banned. I've been against pre-show vulturing of books and deals by exhibitors and vendors before any of the VIP ticket holders or general admission ticket holder are allowed in.  I was listening to Thoro Comics breakdown of Gem's youtube and one of his guests, Tito from Kingdom Comics, shared this same opinion that NO ONE should be allowed to buy con exclusives before the doors open to general attendees. Con exclusives are for the fans and attendees of the show, not the dealers and exhibitors.  He went further to state that the practice of exhibitors selling to exhibitors before the show opens to the general public should also be stopped.  It isn't fair to people coming for deals when all the deals have been scooped up and are now being forced to pay secondary convention market prices before the show even opens.   I wholeheartedly agree with this but I doubt anyone would be able to police that.  The only way would be to let everyone start going in when they allow the dealers to enter to start setting up.

He says this around the 1:40:00 mark.

"The only way would be to let everyone start going in when they allow the dealers to enter to start setting up."

That won't work.  Dealers are in and out of the building hauling loads of inventory and they're busy setting up their booth.  There would be a great risk of theft.  I guess the show could prevent people from lining up before the show opens or prevent people with exhibitor badges from lining up but that would a hassle and expense for the organizer.  Even if they did influencers/exhibitors would find a different way to game the system. 

On 8/10/2022 at 2:54 PM, Dr. Balls said:

"intrust"? Were these printed in China? That's not the modern usage of "entrust".

Gawd. This whole thing looks so ghetto. I cannot believe people are lined up 500 people deep to buy something like this. Leave out the issue that it’s a reprint and a variant - It’s not even executed well.

any chance I can lure you out of retirement and create a "In Balls We Trust" Acetate with your thread babes from long ago?

On 8/10/2022 at 1:02 PM, justafan said:

No, I think that should be banned. I've been against pre-show vulturing of books and deals by exhibitors and vendors before any of the VIP ticket holders or general admission ticket holder are allowed in.  I was listening to Thoro Comics breakdown of Gem's youtube and one of his guests, Tito from Kingdom Comics, shared this same opinion that NO ONE should be allowed to buy con exclusives before the doors open to general attendees. Con exclusives are for the fans and attendees of the show, not the dealers and exhibitors.  He went further to state that the practice of exhibitors selling to exhibitors before the show opens to the general public should also be stopped.  It isn't fair to people coming for deals when all the deals have been scooped up and are now being forced to pay secondary convention market prices before the show even opens.

I agree 100% on the Con exclusives.   Are also saying Dealer to Dealer sales of their inventory they bring to the show be banned as well?  Just curious

All I know is that I'm not jumping ship because of this nonsense, it was a trash book anyway. Yeah it's a bonehead move on part of the company  but it doesn't bother me because I'm not buying this heap of dung. rantrant

On 8/10/2022 at 2:12 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I agree 100% on the Con exclusives.   Are also saying Dealer to Dealer sales of their inventory they bring to the show be banned as well?  Just curious

That's a good question to ask lol .  Sometimes we sell more before the show opens than we do once the show opens.

Edited by thehumantorch

On 8/10/2022 at 12:54 PM, Dr. Balls said:

"intrust"? Were these printed in China? That's not the modern usage of "entrust".

Gawd. This whole thing looks so ghetto. I cannot believe people are lined up 500 people deep to buy something like this. Leave out the issue that it’s a reprint and a variant - It’s not even executed well.

image.png.1685a5db16114fb14a2b1fa0d98af9f7.png

On 8/10/2022 at 4:16 PM, TTony said:

This devalues existing graded books IMO.  When I see a SW8 CGC 9.9 or any other 9.9, I now question how it was graded that way... who sent it in, how was it submitted, etc.  Prior to this I did not question that.  Maybe I should have but I had not reason to.

I can  understand that. Does make you wonder. 

On 8/10/2022 at 4:13 PM, Ninja0215 said:

All I know is that I'm not jumping ship because of this nonsense, it was a trash book anyway. Yeah it's a bonehead move on part of the company  but it doesn't bother me because I'm not buying this heap of dung. rantrant

Translation: CGC makes me too much money :baiting:

273FE8D8-4CEA-4B4E-BD06-DE564CA707E9.jpeg.122a9c3ba71f3449e48a9c6165532173.jpeg

On 8/10/2022 at 1:13 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Just because you're not interested in the cover doesn't mean you won't be impacted.  CGC adjusting their standards negatively impacts the integrity of their business across the board.

On 8/10/2022 at 8:54 AM, Willbert said:

Well eBay has started blocking listing of this bootleg book as being COUNTERFEIT. The gentleman that bought a CGC 9.8 from Black Flag has posted on IG that eBay removed his listing for policy violation. Ouch. 

These books are not counterfeit, they are altered. Should I report all the CGC SS listings that have altered comics that are wrapped in plastic, which is apparently a crime now?