• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2022 at 10:37 PM, Sigur Ros said:

There's no reason they shouldn't be okay with it.  Instead of a cowl, Mile's is holding a US flag.  Big deal. 

Sure, Disney would find that offensive but I doubt Marvel does. 

I'm not defending the guy who did this, I'm just saying all the dramatics about lawsuits is ridiculous. 

I think an official Marvel announcement that there is nothing wrong with what was done will cause a big chunk of people to back off and speed up the process of moving on and forgetting about it. 

Would be a shame, but definitely something I see happening soon.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:41 PM, BoognishRises said:

I think an official Marvel announcement that there is nothing wrong with what was done will cause a big chunk of people to back off and speed up the process of moving on and forgetting about it. 

Would be a shame, but definitely something I see happening soon.

Why on earth would Marvel make such an announcement?

On 8/10/2022 at 10:43 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why on earth would Marvel make such an announcement?

There's a strong possibility that Marvel will say that a retailer is free to do as they please with their store exclusive after they have completed the deal with Marvel. Once a retailer pays for the 3,000+ copies of a store variant, those copies become theirs to do as they please. They can sell them, hold them back and sell at a later time, raise or lower the price as they see fit, etc. 

Just don't be shocked if Marvel says what was done is totally up to the retailer since the books are their property after the contract is signed and the books are paid for.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:51 PM, BoognishRises said:

There's a strong possibility that Marvel will say that a retailer is free to do as they please with their store exclusive after they have completed the deal with Marvel. Once a retailer pays for the 3,000+ copies of a store variant, those copies become theirs to do as they please. They can sell them, hold them back and sell at a later time, raise or lower the price as they see fit, etc. 

Just don't be shocked if Marvel says what was done is totally up to the retailer since the books are their property after the contract is signed and the books are paid for.

☝️

On 8/10/2022 at 10:51 PM, BoognishRises said:

You might be right...hm

Can we get Marvel on the phone? :popcorn:

On 8/10/2022 at 8:09 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

This was posted 50 pages ago :makepoint:

havent been following this thread-dont care.  buzz tagged me so i just googled.  still dont care.

On 8/10/2022 at 11:11 PM, Gsims718 said:

They will not say this.  Marvel would absolutely not be ok with someone printing something risqué on acetate, stapling it to 750 books and selling it as a show exclusive.  

good time to make a nude acetate that can be put on eosv2 facsimile