• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2022 at 8:12 PM, Sigur Ros said:

You forgot to cover the logos in the background.  Some of us may end up triggered.

I did the best I could with what I had to work with... lol 

If I was anywhere proficient I would be far more sinister with my posts. 

On 8/11/2022 at 7:17 PM, MGH said:

Didn't mean to offend.. And I was dead serious  as while I don't think black flag gives two hoots for their cash grab I'd like to think marvel would not care for their brand being presented in an offensive way to  veterans 

It would depend on how many eyes on it etc.

The mountain out of a mole hill seems all too apparent, and I guess that I cant be too ongoing frustrated. It's just patience which seems the key to everything.

It'll work out, but the in between Time seems insufferable lol

On 8/11/2022 at 7:15 PM, Atomic Ponkie said:

Can I get a summary of that link? 

On 8/11/2022 at 7:15 PM, Troy Division said:

Take with a grain of salt, but I found this on Wikipedia -

2019-Present
The rights to the Tribune name and infrastructure were taken over under a new leadership group of investors that sought to preserve the Newspaper Brand as an independent voice by committing to not allow the paper to fall under a national corporate media conglomerate rule, to date it is one of the few national brands fully independent.

I did make a reply on the post which lasted a few minutes, but then I refreshed the page and it was gone.
Could not find any mention of the lawsuits beyond this article.
Strongly believe it was a 'targeted post' disguised at an editorial.
Narcissist playbook to accuse others of what you do.

Exactly what I was saying and posted with that last image that you quoted. It is all probably part of his "system " he is using it to garner sympathy and support.  

It may be an "independent " but they are known for posting "fake" news stories with some factual stories next to them just to try to add credibility.  

It's all BS.. 

It's interesting how many people and businesses are being exposed for the impropriety of this whole situation. I actually think it's pretty cool that everyone is digging up dirt on all parties involved.

I don't think it's been posted yet, but as this continues to get worse for CGC, I think I know where this thread is going to end up, soooo....

IBTL

On 8/11/2022 at 8:25 PM, Dr. Balls said:

It's interesting how many people and businesses are being exposed for the impropriety of this whole situation. I actually think it's pretty cool that everyone is digging up dirt on all parties involved.

I don't think it's been posted yet, but as this continues to get worse for CGC, I think I know where this thread is going to end up, soooo....

IBTL

No points are gained or lost for this anymore... if anyone was keeping track of such a thing. 

We have not had a locked thread in a long time.  

On 8/11/2022 at 6:20 PM, Troy Division said:

Infinite Black Publishing is a comic book publisher, but also a design agency, set up by Black Flag Comics and Clayton Crain.

Oh good lord, the poo gets deeper and deeper.

On 8/11/2022 at 6:31 PM, Buzzetta said:

No points are gained or lost for this anymore... if anyone was keeping track of such a thing. 

We have not had a locked thread in a long time.  

Shows you how long I've been gone. No more locked threads? Man. those were the days :preach:

On 8/8/2022 at 11:43 AM, CGC Mike said:

CGC is fully aware of what we graded and stand behind them.

On 8/8/2022 at 12:24 PM, CGC Mike said:

I wouldn't make a post like that without checking with Matt.

Decisions.thumb.jpg.b818ef2912bb5f221e399b3c6df13a53.jpg

On 8/11/2022 at 8:40 PM, MGH said:

So let me get this straight.. Infinite black is a publisher about to launch their own comics and they are wrapping their brand around marvel published comics without permission and selling for a premium? 

And cgc recognising it as legit 

This just gets worse and worse for all involved..   

1B45E878-14F8-4698-8937-C2ECD2857C5B.gif.7af2edcaa2d6d6e577e8671b64a279ce.gif

On 8/11/2022 at 5:20 PM, Troy Division said:

Has anyone posted this yet?
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/who-are-infinite-black-of-the-black-flag-comics-acetate-covers/

Quote from the article -
But who are Infinite Black who are named on the cover?
What's their deal? 
Infinite Black Publishing is a comic book publisher, but also a design agency, set up by Black Flag Comics and Clayton Crain.

Edit for another quote -
And yes, keen Bleeding Cool readers will note that Zymotica is the name of the actetate cover intended to be created for Clayton Craine's Ghost Rider #1. for this weekend's Boston Fan Expo, the "Zymotica Vs" variant cover. Might that suggest Black Flag Comics were intending to use their existing retailer exclusive Clayton Crain Ghost Rider cover approved by Marvel, to promote their own intellectual property, created by Clayton Crain, with a bit of acetate on the cover? Might we get Zymotica Vs Ghost Rider? You could see how Marvel Comics might have a problem with that more than the "In God We Intrust" cover.

Oh man, so you're telling me this is all just getting started?  :banana::banana::banana:

On 8/11/2022 at 8:20 PM, Troy Division said:

Edit for another quote -
And yes, keen Bleeding Cool readers will note that Zymotica is the name of the actetate cover intended to be created for Clayton Craine's Ghost Rider #1. for this weekend's Boston Fan Expo, the "Zymotica Vs" variant cover. Might that suggest Black Flag Comics were intending to use their existing retailer exclusive Clayton Crain Ghost Rider cover approved by Marvel, to promote their own intellectual property, created by Clayton Crain, with a bit of acetate on the cover? Might we get Zymotica Vs Ghost Rider? You could see how Marvel Comics might have a problem with that more than the "In God We Intrust" cover.

Well of course. It's just a natural progression. 

I see a smack down coming. 

On 8/11/2022 at 9:16 PM, Troy Division said:

Refresh my memory, but doesn't CGC have legal representation that also posts as a boardee?
I'd love to get their thoughts on all of this...if someone could share their board name so we can tag them...

That would be Mark Zaid

On 8/11/2022 at 9:16 PM, Troy Division said:

Refresh my memory, but doesn't CGC have legal representation that also posts as a boardee?
I'd love to get their thoughts on all of this...

I very much doubt he would be permitted  to speak on this right now, but...

@Mark Zaid