• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2022 at 7:35 PM, FFB said:

Does anyone know what they paid for that huge booth?  The Black Flag guy was whining about how much money he had tied up in acetates and exclusives in that long video he made.  Add in the cost of a huge booth and this weekend probably isn't going the way he expected.  

Prohably a lot of money. Many people don't sell at cons anymore because booth prices are just too expensive. (At least for SDCC, NYCC, etc). 

Edited by Atomic Ponkie

On 8/12/2022 at 10:45 PM, kav said:

in all fairness dum dums dont have much flavor.  one a them candies if you knew ppl were given 'em at halloween you skip the house.

Just like I'd skip that $#!tty Black Flag booth with them trolling people by calling them dum-dum suckers, not so subtly. 

On 8/12/2022 at 7:48 PM, Cman429 said:

If there isn’t some kind of reward at the center, it’s not worth sucking on for 10 minutes. This comment is not meant to be as dirty as it sounds. Intrust me.

ok that was funny.  

On 8/12/2022 at 7:43 PM, Atomic Ponkie said:

Prohably a lot of money. Many people don't sell at cons anymore because booth prices are just too expensive. (At least for SDCC, NYCC, etc). 

I'll bet it was at least $25K for that booth, just from what I know similar booths sell for elsewhere.  That guy must be sweating bullets.  It's probably why he finally came out to start huckstering the rest of his inventory even though he knew people were gunning for him.   

On 8/12/2022 at 10:35 PM, FFB said:

Does anyone know what they paid for that huge booth?  The Black Flag guy was whining about how much money he had tied up in acetates and exclusives in that long video he made.  Add in the cost of a huge booth and this weekend probably isn't going the way he expected.  

Why are you all assuming they didn’t make anything? 2 variants, 750 copies each, $100 a book. Let’s say they sold out the 1,500 copies before the show started that’s $150,000. We know for a fact that copies are already at other dealers booths so copies have been sold. Not necessarily all 1500 but more than 0

On 8/12/2022 at 10:39 PM, Gaard said:

It'd be nice if CGC admitted to selling grades, but it really isn't necessary. It's 100% obvious to everyone, and I mean everyone, that they did.

I feel like this thread would have about 40 less pages if this were true (that it was obvious to everyone)