• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

For such a talentless hack, Mr Leifield somehow has managed to do pretty well for himself. I'm not a fan of his art, but admire his ability to cash large checks.  I'm surprised his work is still in demand, but it is and he is still getting paid long after many of his contemporaries have moved on. 

Edited by shadroch

On 8/15/2022 at 12:57 AM, TTony said:

In case you made it this far and think this is over...  you may want to get some popcorn. :popcorn:  

image.thumb.png.aaef6a3eacf9d7ae84bbea438fc5af39.png

What a profoundly ignorant statement of certainty.
Or are we to believe that "CGC is at war with acetate. CGC has always been at war with acetate"?

On 8/15/2022 at 12:57 AM, TTony said:

In case you made it this far and think this is over...  you may want to get some popcorn. :popcorn:  

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad he has taken this stance re: Black Flag. However, his defense of CGC in this case is ill informed. At first, yes, it did appear that there was a simple mistake by CGC, but the further this thread has gone on, it has exposed potential shady practices going on. Also, even if this was a "deception," CGC just continued to dig itself deeper into a hole by not admitting it was deceived or wrong. 

On 8/15/2022 at 9:45 AM, Lord Gemini said:

To borrow/modify a Mitch Hedberg quote: "I used to hate Rob Liefeld. I still do, but I used to, too."

Not that you care or should care, but you have moved up a few notches in my book with that quote. 

Billy-D_Approves.gif

On 8/14/2022 at 9:57 PM, TTony said:

Liefeld trying to secure the CGC Signature Series Private Signing Bag :flipbait:

Edited by Atomic Ponkie

On 8/15/2022 at 6:49 AM, DR.X said:

+1 I don't like his work at all. Did he ever learn how to draw legs?

One Rob Liefeld post and everyone stops ragging on Clayton Crain's art.

Bunch of folks: "Clayton Crain's artwork is horrible."

Rob Liefeld: "Here, hold my beer case of Red Bull."

On 8/14/2022 at 9:40 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I would imagine that if that happened we would see some in the aftermarket.  

I have yet to see one of those being sold.

Anyone have a pictures/ screenshots of them being sold ?

( besides that initial picture of the couple copies sitting on those comic boxes. )

The chances of these all being sold to other dealers and said dealers not saying anything about it, considering how people love to talk s$$t about the competition, is zero. 

I'm a long time fan of Rob but I disagree with him on CGC being hoodwinked.  

I do agree with him passing on doing ones of his own.

I don't think we'll see any other artists get involved in something like this.  

On 8/15/2022 at 10:16 AM, shadroch said:

For such a talentless hack, Mr Leifield somehow has managed to do pretty well for himself. I'm not a fan of his art, but admire his ability to cash large checks.  I'm surprised his work is still in demand, but it is and he is still getting paid long after many of his contemporaries have moved on. 

He is actually pretty entertaining on his Whatnot shows.  He is totally scattered, but he will be like that for about 3 hours.  He keeps finding some preliminary drawing he did for a book, he signs it, the people ask if he could put his chisel signature on it too and ho obliges.  Then he sells the scrap of paper for a few hundred.

The drama from this is not easing up at all. Between YouTubers/Social Media people fighting to now even guys like Liefeld putting in their thoughts. I would have thought by now this would somewhat have blown over, but it probably will not.

On 8/15/2022 at 11:37 AM, captainzombie said:

The drama from this is not easing up at all. Between YouTubers/Social Media people fighting to now even guys like Liefeld putting in their thoughts. I would have thought by now this would somewhat have blown over, but it probably will not.

It shouldn't blow over if anything I think we as a community haven't screamed enough about CGC's involvement in this, they've really gotten away with just a hand slap.