• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2022 at 2:30 PM, Quicksilver Signs said:

Not really a shortage of that on here as well. 

That's true, but the average is better here, I'd say. The hazing process used to be pretty intense, so the real mouthbreathers didn't tend to hang around very long. But we have had some very tenacious insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who've refused to say die, and I must admire their spirit!

On 8/24/2022 at 2:30 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Not sure if you’ve noticed but the majority of the new posters aren’t really contributing to same degree as the ones who left 

That's putting it kindly. But I guess mind-numbing contributions is a bit better than the defenestration-inducing contributions so prevalent on FB.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 8/24/2022 at 2:44 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

It’s the fact that the person talking at me actually thought themselves worth filming...that makes most of them unwatchable for me.

That tends to be where I stand. Many of these people who broadcast every damn thought need to realize, the more you say, the harder it is for others to hear you when it truly matters. 

On 8/24/2022 at 2:44 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

It’s the fact that the person talking at me actually thought themselves worth filming...that makes most of them unwatchable for me.

On 8/24/2022 at 2:47 PM, awakeintheashes said:

That tends to be where I stand. Many of these people who broadcast every damn thought need to realize, the more you say, the harder it is for others to hear you when it truly matters. 

Preach on, brothers!!

On 8/24/2022 at 1:02 PM, letsgrumble said:

A few minutes in...

Re:

What does that say about him? 

And what does that say about us?

Well first it says, "hey we have a chat boards come play with us" insert IT meme, but this is like free promotion if you want to call it that. 2nd discredits the YouTuber, funny word to type insert b&b tire meme here.

Or that is the hope? Or that is somehow relevant to the scheme of things? YouTuber is probably more available to crowds, last I looked the cgc team had a few videos, and they mention the boards through contests via social so idk. This is all fairly obvious but I wouldn't read too much more into it 😂 the fact I typed it. :tonofbricks:

On 8/24/2022 at 1:33 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Change the format, lose the knowledge.   

I skim your posts as it is.  If you start posting videos....welcome to ignore.:baiting:

PM SENT

On 8/24/2022 at 1:50 PM, Dave2739 said:

Preach on, brothers!!

I think for a younger generation that's how they digest information

I prefer to read but then what's the #1 complaint here

WALL OF TEXT

Make up your mind CGC boards :sumo:

Hey so, what is more important to CGC?

a)  Integrity and honesty in professional grading services?

b)  Scamming the industry and community by "hybrid-grading" Clayton Crain's s***ty, worthless signature on a counterfeit piece of garbage to make a few bucks off lizard-brained scammers?

Rhetorical question.

I'll probably never buy another slabbed book or submit a book for grading, for as long as I live given CGC's integrity, honesty and even their ability to grade a fricking book properly is down the pipe and CBCS is losing hundreds of valuable, high-grade books after shipping them to someone's private residence to facilitate grading aleggedly now (CMC)?

I've been seeing this happen in the philography/autograph market for decades now and it hasn't done anything good for that market either... 

Bye bye trustworthy graded comic market, I hardly knew you before clowns blew it all up with monumental stupidity and greed.  

Wondering what deranged comedy CGCMike is going to deceminate (or urinate) on us all next because unfortunately for him he is the face of this organization of consumate douchenozzles.

Edited by Atom Man

On 8/24/2022 at 1:34 PM, F For Fake said:

That's true, but the average is better here, I'd say. The hazing process used to be pretty intense, so the real mouthbreathers didn't tend to hang around very long. But we have had some very tenacious insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who've refused to say die, and I must admire their spirit!

Treatment of noobs was always pretty bad on here. Facebook does win for the amount of boorish, know-it-alls though, some are only 20 year olds. 

On 8/24/2022 at 2:59 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I think for a younger generation that's how they digest information

I prefer to read but then what's the #1 complaint here

WALL OF TEXT

Make up your mind CGC boards :sumo:

You can share information without deciding to include ALL that information into a single post.   Save some for a few follow-up posts

On 8/24/2022 at 6:00 AM, CGC Mike said:

Shame on me for thinking we are all grown ups here.  I thought I would be able to release a few spoon words so people might be able to say D ick Tracy etc...  After viewing multiple threads, I now see I have made a mistake.   I have added them back to the list and removed the comment from your location.

you cannot ask a classroom to self regulate, I've found.

On 8/25/2022 at 2:31 AM, CJ Design said:

Yes unfortunately these "Influencers", whether nice, well intentioned, or not...are mostly in it for the clout or  💰💰

+1. I do get the sense of that most of us here are collecting and occasionally flip/selling to support our growing collections.

Edited by Every Day A Story