• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2022 at 2:05 PM, Every Day A Story said:

+1. I do get the sense of that most of us here are collecting and occasionally flip/selling to support that our growing collections.

That describes me...as well as the grading area, and of course the titillating conversations and intelligent insights here on the boards. 👍🤔😎

On 8/24/2022 at 3:00 PM, Quicksilver Signs said:

Treatment of noobs was always pretty bad on here. Facebook does win for the amount of boorish, know-it-alls though, some are only 20 year olds. 

Go to the comic books and comic book collecting groups on Reddit. 

It's so bush league it's not even funny. 

On 8/24/2022 at 2:30 PM, F For Fake said:

For sure. No offense to anyone who enjoys the FB groups (as I'm a member of a few myself), but those are some of the stupidest people I've ever seen in my life.

On 8/24/2022 at 2:30 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Not sure if you’ve noticed but the majority of the new posters aren’t really contributing to same degree as the ones who left 

Depends on where you go.

This is mostly an aging group that is "aging out" which has mentioned before.  The archaic format is not attractive to new blood and the majority of the younger crowd no matter what lies in the archives.  However, do not discount the contributors to some of the facebook groups or even Reddit.  

The problem with the popular format of Facebook groups though are a lack of searchable archives.   When it comes to newer information though facebook groups are the premier venue to learn about new things.  As an example, consider GI Joe toys.  If I want to learn about what is being released, or is in development or even anything to do with the licensing of GI Joe comic books, places like HissTank.com used to be the place to go.  HissTank is a forum like this one.  Nowadays, all of that information breaks first in the GI Joe Trader PX or GI Joe 1982-1994 group Facebook group.  HissTank now maintains its own Facebook group but the older collectors still catch the news after the fact on the old forum site. 

It's not so much about the quality of old posters vs new posters but that the times are a changin'. 

On 8/24/2022 at 3:08 PM, Atom Man said:

The part where CBCS loses hundreds of high-grade books belonging to CMC is a pretty good part too...

Yup and CMC is now asking people not to share the screen caps of his post.  (shrug)

I mean... something of that magnitude was bound to be spoken about.  How does someone send over 350 signature series books out of the vault and off site to someone's private residence to be catalogued and then go missing.

I wonder if their insurance has a provision for that one?

On 8/23/2022 at 3:53 PM, Ed Hanes said:

So , I am married to an artist and I went to art school for a year, a conservatory...they tackled these questions of what is 'authentic'...mostly because of copyright laws... things like , can you take a picture of art, and alter the picture in some way  and it be authentic or can you reproduce the art piece but change it in some way , can that be authentic? You circling a word does nothing to define what is authentic..why do you think CGC chose that word???? it's vague and open to interpretation 

look up Lichtenstein threads here to see discussions on that.

There's been a lot of talk by members who are wondering if the original universal copies will somehow be eliminated from the census or even somehow tracked down and taken out of circulation...not sure how that one would work, seeing as how they aren't CGC's property. But anyways, I don't see anything at all done about those blue label books. Let's be honest, CGC was paid buku bucks to do this spoon. Does anyone really believe that they're going to renege on the deal they had with BF? The way this company has operated in the last few years, I don't see them doing anything that'll cost them a dime. Taking a backwards step on these ill-conceived blue labeled comics will probably cost them a few dimes.

They won't address them and they definitely won't do anything about them that'll cost them 2c

On 8/24/2022 at 4:48 PM, Ares said:

I wonder how Black Flag Feels about the changes

Hopefully he retreats back to his cave once and for all.

In his YouTube rant a few weeks ago, around the time of this screen capture, he says "the publicity helps."  Hope he read the comments in his video.

loser.thumb.png.bfbc4d79cdd76037e990fbdbd5021748.png